What's this junk in my oil pan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dropped the lower pan and found a bunch of junk in the bottom of it. Fortunately I don't see any metal, mostly black or brown plastic bits. The curvature of the two black pieces matches the curvature of the spark plug tube seals. The one that concerns me the most is that long piece in the first photo, any idea where that might be from?

1598390611206.jpeg

1598390799990.jpeg

The brown stuff looks like dried up crusties of FIPG. Not sure why they would come loose inside the pan though.

:edit: what's that green stuff in the sloped portion of the pan? Not coolant I hope!

Dropped the lower pan and found a bunch of junk in the bottom of it. Fortunately I don't see any metal, mostly black or brown plastic bits. The curvature of the two black pieces matches the curvature of the spark plug tube seals. The one that concerns me the most is that long piece in the first photo, any idea where that might be from?

View attachment 2416248

View attachment 2416254
I'm thinking it's the FIPG that came off when you actually dropped the pan. I'll bet you can Tetris it back into place along the top of the pan in that picture.

I'm thinking it's the FIPG that came off when you actually dropped the pan. I'll bet you can Tetris it back into place along the top of the pan in that picture.

That makes sense, it's very flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom