What's this hose for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last night, as I was trying to get my air cleaner cover off I pulled this hose off.
Actually, I pulled the small piece of metal tubing that it's attached to off. What's the hose for, and how do I reattach the piece of metal tubing? It's not threaded, and looks like it was tack welded on. Don't know if that's a stock setup or not.
The hose has Gates C9070804 B200 written on it. The tubing is 1/4" ( 6 1/2 mm) O.D. The tape on the end was put on by me trying to make it slightly bigger to get it to stay in the hole, but it didn't work.

Last edited:
It might be hard to reattach the metal tube if it broke off. It just supplies fresh filtered air to the valve below. You want to plug the hole if you can't reattach it so dirty air is not getting sucked in.

it's on the smoged and un-smoged version

its a vcv "vacum control valve"

Last edited:
Thanks. My truck's an '82 (forget which month), but I've only got a couple of years to go before it becomes smog exempt. The bottom part of that diagram on the left looks like a plate of spaghetti.

"My truck's an '82 (forget which month), but I've only got a couple of years to go before it becomes smog exempt."

Wishfull thinking. I thought they put an end to that. 1975 is the last smog exempt year and I don't think it is going to change to 1976 in 2006.

Aseif007 said:
"My truck's an '82 (forget which month), but I've only got a couple of years to go before it becomes smog exempt."

Wishfull thinking. I thought they put an end to that. 1975 is the last smog exempt year and I don't think it is going to change to 1976 in 2006.

Maybe in California, but not here in the good ole Lone Star State.

Someone double check but it looks to me as if the hose that paulj is holding would be connected to the filter in the A/C and that would mean that it would be attached to the top of the distributor not the VCV. What do you think?

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom