What's this? CV Axle leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya'll! I'm newish with the 100. My experience w the 80 made me initially think this was a leaking diff seal, but it looks like the cv is sealed and diff fluid would leak to the ground not to the CV joint. Is that right? If so what's happening here? This is the inboard boot on the drivers side.

tempImage2cWphp.jpg

Boot is torn, not small leak at the clamp if it's slinging that much grease, rebooting the CV boots is in your future, and it's a dirty job.

Thanks! Gotta be easier than rebuilding a birf joint on an 80 :)

I have a similar problem, but mine seems to be coming out from between the end of the boot and the joint, seeping past the clamp. Would this be possible? Its VERY minor at the moment and I cant see any holes in CV boot.

Not sure what the "heavy duty ones" are. And yes, possible that the grease is leaking past the band. Several on hear have used a certain type of hose clamp to resolve that, search around.

Not sure what the "heavy duty ones" are. And yes, possible that the grease is leaking past the band. Several on hear have used a certain type of hose clamp to resolve that, search around.
I believe the difference in the standard versus heavy duty ones is the material that is used for the boot if I was reading it correctly. A buddy of mine has a 100 series Lexus he takes rock crawling and when he snapped his factory CV he replaced both of them with these heavy duties and they lasted him five or six years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom