Whats the value of my 1976 FJ40 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't see myself having the time or the money to take this project on in the near future. I hate to sell it , but it is taking up valuable space. I have not heard it run but it might with a little effort.
What do you guys think its worth ?

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

Last edited:
2 years ago, after years of casual internet browsing, I paid $8k for a running '76 in central KS. It wasn't a steal by any means, but it was fair for what the market in the midwest seemed to be. The rust does look like it could be pretty extensive, although the rear tub of mine is shot too. Some of the sought after items yours has that mine did not are original seats front and back, original roll bar, doors & hard top, what looks like a fairly untouched engine bay, rear step, stock steering wheel, a mostly unmolested dash/heaters, and un-cut rear fenders.

If the frame's not rotten and you could get it running I'd wager you're more in the $6-8k range. Around these parts anyway ;) A lot of people like the '76-78 years.

Well running with rust on body is more valuable than less rust and non-running

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards.

Parts may be worth more than the whole but I’d say don’t part out and sell whole to someone who can bring it back from the grave.

I'd say about $5K. Depends on how/if it runs. Seats look great, though. I'd buy them if they were up for sale locally.

What did you give for it? I’d say that’s what it’s worth. 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom