What’s the technical term for that thing kicks ass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well yesterday I bought a ‘96 LX 450 on BaT on a Sunday with 292k miles on it. I didn’t even know they had Sunday auctions. Today I went to pick it up and it absolutely kicks ass. I was blown away. I’ve never gone for a ride in one, driven one, or even got a good up close look at one, but tonight I did all three. Went through it with the seller who did all the work. He’s actually a BMW factory trained mechanic. It has some minor cosmetic issues (don’t we all) but nothing not already identified in the BaT photos. When I asked him some of the questions about torque spec on some of the critical items noted by the IH8mud dudes, he came up with the right answers. We talked about why the head gasket was changed without doing the top end, and he said the owner actually sent it out for a top end rebuild and he would provide the paperwork. I said you might have gotten more money for this had you noted that in the sale and he said, well guess it’s your lucky day bro. I can’t wait to go through this thing and learn a bit more about it, but it definitely kicks ass.

Side note: Stopped at the West Alabama Icehouse on my way home in the Cruiser, parked on the sidewalk like a proper jackass, and immediately a fine chica says “you can’t park there unless you take me for a ride in that thing.”

So yeah, pink panties. Hers not mine.

Thank y’all for your kind advice.

RB

Well yesterday I bought a ‘96 LX 450 on BaT on a Sunday with 292k miles on it. I didn’t even know they had Sunday auctions. Today I went to pick it up and it absolutely kicks ass. I was blown away. I’ve never gone for a ride in one, driven one, or even got a good up close look at one, but tonight I did all three. Went through it with the seller who did all the work. He’s actually a BMW factory trained mechanic. It has some minor cosmetic issues (don’t we all) but nothing not already identified in the BaT photos. When I asked him some of the questions about torque spec on some of the critical items noted by the IH8mud dudes, he came up with the right answers. We talked about why the head gasket was changed without doing the top end, and he said the owner actually sent it out for a top end rebuild and he would provide the paperwork. I said you might have gotten more money for this had you noted that in the sale and he said, well guess it’s your lucky day bro. I can’t wait to go through this thing and learn a bit more about it, but it definitely kicks ass.

Side note: Stopped at the West Alabama Icehouse on my way home in the Cruiser, parked on the sidewalk like a proper jackass, and immediately a fine chica says “you can’t park there unless you take me for a ride in that thing.”

So yeah, pink panties. Hers not mine.

Thank y’all for your kind advice.

RB

:flipoff2:

Welcome to the process of slowly parting you from your money. @shocktower provided you with a proper welcome So I will just get on to the next phase. Pictures my man!! Both of the truck and the chica!!

By the way, this is what qualifies as a fine chica in Alabama :flipoff2:

360_F_383847882_Evyeg27TvcEziDJwCkWcxgPDJxAAgwQk.jpg

We need pictures or it didn't happen!

*Preferably of the purchase, or the chica ;)
Woke up this mornin’ and this thing was still parked in front of my house so I guess that’s good. Also, Icehouse girl nowhere to be found this mornin’ so that’s also good. Will have to dig around this thing a little today and see what else I find. There’s a stone chip over the registration sticker so I’ll see if I can get that fixed and get the State inspection and registration done today as well.

66C217D7-B2FE-4F24-BD08-3FC185BC3025.jpeg

17AE04CA-EF39-4B83-BC73-D9CF06F0D7C1.jpeg

By the way, this is what qualifies as a fine chica in Alabama :flipoff2:

360_F_383847882_Evyeg27TvcEziDJwCkWcxgPDJxAAgwQk.jpg
Hey now Heckraiser, that pic could surely be someone’s Alabama kinfolk, but we in Texas. The West Alabama Icehouse is in Houston, TX, and last time I checked that ain’t what qualifies as “fine” in the Republic.

Woke up this mornin’ and this thing was still parked in front of my house so I guess that’s good. Also, Icehouse girl nowhere to be found this mornin’ so that’s also good. Will have to dig around this thing a little today and see what else I find. There’s a stone chip over the registration sticker so I’ll see if I can get that fixed and get the State inspection and registration done today as well.

View attachment 2798025

View attachment 2798027
OOH, dat's a nice one!

:cheers:

Nice, and it came with a man bun....

Got you into the Cruiser now we have to get you into the proper Smoker.

Welcome.

Nice, and it came with a man bun....

Got you into the Cruiser now we have to get you into the proper Smoker.

Welcome.
Wow, a man’s got to pay attention around these parts if he’s sportin’ a man bun, drivin’ a dang Lexus, and owns a Weber gas grill. I should be right at home but my pony tail was hangin’ out my hard hat so the safety msn made me cut it off.

Looks good, congrats.

Nice lookin stick burner.. Check out the Ultimate BBQ thread. By "man bun" i was referring to the snorkel

View attachment 2798025

View attachment 2798027
So wait a minute no real Texan grills with gas

She’s a bill or two light for Alabama.

And is she carrying her nephew or cousin or uncle? 🤔

Yes.

And she probably doesn’t know either - a DNA test is going to give all 3 the same result. :oops:

So wait a minute no real Texan grills with gas

grilling = gas

BBQ = the right way, no briquettes or lighter fluid / real charcoal or other hardwoods

—— but you have a point ——

@radar5667 — the Weber belongs on the street, the 450 on the porch :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom