What's the stock FJ40 wheel diameter? What Grant installation kit do I need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing my steering wheel so I can install a grant security system on my FJ40. I want one with the same diameter, or close. It's probably best to stick with stock diameter, right?

For those of you who do have Grant wheels, what installation kit do I need for the FJ40?

What year is you truck?

Not exactly sure on a '75, but on my '72 an OEM Toyota steering wheel is 17" in diameter.

Summit had the best price... I just put one of these on my '72 FJ40. It would look better on a '73> column though -- I'm working on that right now...

Grant steering wheel adapter for '73> is #GRT-3593 (summit part no.) Grant part no. is 3593.

Grant Performance Series steering wheel, 14.75" is #GRT-675 (summit part no.) Grant part no. is 675. Simple 3-spoke, satin black clean-lookin' wheel that comes with a black horn button.

I really like this setup. It took a few miles and a wheelin' trip to get used to the 15" wheel coming from the 17" OEM wheel, but I would not go back now.

Jody.

Let's see some PICS!

Thanks

I put the Grant into my 42--bought it from SOR. The only thing I lost was the self-cancelling turn signals. I can deal with that. The smaller wheel makes lots more room for my long legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom