Whats the selling situation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Easily $10k in the current market here in Oregon. Detail it and take good pictures and I wouldn't be shocked to hear $15k. If it has 35s and some "expo" (i.e. car camping) accessories along with a pretentious backstory (true or fabricated), I could see it going for $20k+ on BaT.

Whatever you do, do it quick. Between the pandemic car shortage and the almost inevitable increase in fuel costs, we're probably at the highest valuation we'll see for 80s for a long time.

Example of some crackhead craigslist

If you have any relatives or friends with substance abuse issues, they could help you write the ad and price it accordingly. Here in the PNW anything short of on fire or filled with 💩 seems to be asking 15k or more. I'd look on your local CL and price accordingly. Or go the national route via any of the auction sites if you are up for that much work.

Example of some crackhead craigslist

If you have any relatives or friends with substance abuse issues, they could help you write the ad and price it accordingly. Here in the PNW anything short of on fire or filled with 💩 seems to be asking 15k or more. I'd look on your local CL and price accordingly. Or go the national route via any of the auction sites if you are up for that much work.
Oohhh, it has the somewhat rare V6 engine.

The market can change/is changing; with prices of gasoline going up and now with more Electric vehicles including trucks and SUV's becoming available, some people who used to be into LC's are starting to move away from paying high prices for old tech and putting it toward EV vehicles (or waiting for them to come online).

FWIW

The market can change/is changing; with prices of gasoline going up and now with more Electric vehicles including trucks and SUV's becoming available, some people who used to be into LC's are starting to move away from paying high prices for old tech and putting it toward EV vehicles (or waiting for them to come online).

FWIW
I think EV will definitely be the future but it's still at a place where carrying enough energy for consistent "remote" travel is an issue. It's more of a supply chain issue than a technology one but it's still a problem for the end user. For that reason and the cool factor, I don't see cruiser interest dipping too hard in the near future.

And not one picture, so it did not happen 🤷‍♂️

I've been helping a friend look for an 80 and I've been watching the market. 96, no rust, no lockers, 178K miles, descent paint, descent interior, runs well even with leaks, is going to be a 15K truck. Oddly enough if you throw on a $1000 ARB and some spring spacers, it's a $18 to 20K truck.

Our local Ford dealership has a Bronco Sasquatch First Edition. They are seriously asking $200,000 for it and I think the sticker is $56,000. That's where we're at on the car market in INDIANA. I've seen the First Editions selling for $100k-$120k, but this is getting ridiculous. I would rather have a 40, 60, 80 and 100 instead.

Last edited:

Fairly easy to see the trend for the 80 series market.
Sold at $50K or less, over 5 years, 1990 to 1997.
Some of the one listed for $10 to $15K were in pretty rough condition.
1639664427917.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom