Whats the right torque wrench ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can somebody help me here.I want to buy and looking for torque wrench to work on my 80-series, Mostly I need it just to rotate tires, brake job and tight all the lug nuts, but I dont know which, what the right proper torque wrench to work to do most of the job.

Can anyone please help me to find the right torque wrench and post the link the torque wrench so i can look and buy it?

Craftsman (Sears) makes a decent click-type torque wrench that would be good for your first one. Get the 1/2" drive. I'll post a link when I find it.

Try this link for a 1/2" drive that goes from 0-150 ft/lbs. The one Nate posted below goes 0-250 ft/lbs. I have not tried it but there were some bad comments from reviewers. There was 1 negative comment on the 0-150 ft/lb torque wrench but the other comments were generally favorable.

-B-

Last edited:
Thank you Beowulf and NaterGator for your guys help and posted the link, How about Snap On torque wrench? Or for the value and quality you guys highly recommend Craftsman?

Well of course I would go with a SnapOn wrench of those... its just gonna cost alot more :D

I have the big Craftsman variety, works great for what you are describing. Read the instructions, always dial it back to 0 before storing it.

Just used it last weekend to snug up the shortbus bumper on my 80.

Doc - I just picked up the 150lb Craftsman 1/2" the other day when I was installing my wheel spacers. Whats the reason for dialing it back to 0 when not in use?

The Snap-On is ~$270
The Craftsman is ~$80

It's only money.

-B-

Doc - I just picked up the 150lb Craftsman 1/2" the other day when I was installing my wheel spacers. Whats the reason for dialing it back to 0 when not in use?

Releases the tension. Didn't you read your manual? :D

-B-

Nah, I was trying to break a record by receiving the spacers in the mail, buying a torque wrench from Sears, and installing them with the factory bottle jack alone in the fastest time possible.

If I would have granted myself a time allowance for jackstands, I wouldn't have tipped the truck over...so I called it a draw.

If I would have granted myself a time allowance for jackstands, I wouldn't have tipped the truck over...so I called it a draw.
:eek::eek:

There have been problems with the Craftsmen wrenches breaking and Sears only warrantee's them for a short period. For Torque wrenches the best value are the Husky brand ones at Home Depot.

How about Snap On torque wrench? Or for the value and quality you guys highly recommend Craftsman?

I like them a lot got 3, 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" all in like new condition from eBay for about half the price of new.

I still need one more for the cruiser, one that will do 305 '# for the front crank bolt.

I woudl also like to get a torque screwdriver, have not found a need for one on the cruiser but have in other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom