What's the proper sun visor for a 64? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I purchased a set of new visors from @Racer65 and they are great.

But... my 64 does not have the mounting holes for them. It has two holes but they are small and far apart.

Does anyone have a pic of visors in their 64 and how they mount?

20191002_184434.jpg

My 9/64 65 model FJ45LP-B uses the same sun visor as used my later years. Had the two threaded holes. Not sure sun visor were used before that style.

I just jumped over to the 25 section and it appears they did not come in my year or earlier.
Maybe was an option?

Anyone have an example with visors that's early 64?

Was an option back to 63’ approx

When the new single upper wiper came on the seen ... then came the style you know on the 40’s

Earlier there were no holes ... screwed thru the windshield frame w/screws

It was a dealer and or port added thing... it was a metal bar about 12”? or so long that held on be a single screw on both sides ... it came out aways and under the dual wiper motors... and a plastic tinted visor was attached to it

There should be pics in the 25 section

I had seen new ones of these come up on eBay every so often... one company was Hollywood Accessories and the other I can’t recall

I have a later clip on Hollywood Accessories visor and use it more than the tiny oem one :meh: on my 74’

I may have pics... but... I’ll have to check tomorrow

Hope that helps

The early visor's arm sticks out further from the windshield frame than the later ones, and I think the rod diameter (correction) may be different.

Last edited:
The early visor's arm sticks out further from the windshield frame than the later ones, and I think the rod dial may be different.

The change of the rod length was 1/79 long time after 64. Wiper moved to the bottom of the windshield in 75 but was until 79 that they shorten the arm. The tinted visor @JohnnyC was talking about was very common. Even thought my FJ45 has the threaded holes it had the tinted visor as well as a few other of my early cruisers.

Okay, so I guess my question is, should I install these into my 64 or leave them off?

The holes in my ws frame are perfectly matched on both sides. "Something" was there.....

Is this the Hollywood accessories version the 40 used?

Just found it on Ebay.

The spacing on the mounting tabs looks dead on to the holes in my ws frame.

20191003_102646.jpg

20191002_184434.jpg

I found this picture on mud from a 1965. This is not my truck but mine is similar and a 1963. On mine, a tinted plastic sunvisor is mounted to the bar that flips up and down. I will take a picture when i get to my truck tonight or tomorrow. Not sure it was original but it has been on my truck a really long time.
1570125452940.png

@thecrazygreek

The pic of the visor you posted is their clip on one that clips to an existing oem visor

The pic that @63cruiser posted is the bar that held the visor... the visor itself was not as fancy as the later clip one ones ... used to call them ‘bus sunvisors’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom