Whats the most NON-LEXUS looking tire in say, 33"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It'll probably be some time before I can throw down the chunk of change for a 4 to 6" lift, so I figured I'd get as aggressive looking tire as possible on the stock suspension and slowly work my way up.

I tried searching for 33" related topics but didn't see much different than your average slightly offroad tread tires.

Any suggestions? Pictures?

I just think the stockers just look too.....hm, plump? Bulbous? I dunno.

I'd like them as ridiculous looking as possible, just short of running tank tracks or snow chains...lol.

I'm not sure what your looking for when you mean non lexus looking tires. Are you looking for a 33 inch tire that is for all on-road use? Are you looking for an off and on-road tire? What do you mean by ridiculous looking? Different type of tread? Check out Trxus MT/AT. Trxus A/Ts. BFG AT/MT. Goodyear MTR's.

Be more specific on what your looking for in the tire other than the looks. :beer: -Nick

I guess it depends on how much street driving you plan on doing. If it's not going to be much I would say the most grusome looking tire is the TSL Bogger, but it would only be good for 20,000 miles or so. I like my procomp Xterrains, good aggressive looks and they seem to be holding up really well. just my 2 cents

Chad P.

most non lexus looking tire and the second most non-lexus looking tire

Last edited:
The Simex Trekker's would be very non LX looking but they aren't available here.

Any MT tire will dramatically change the looks of the rig.

You will find most people here are not looking at a tire for looks but for function. How you use the tire is more important than what it looks like.

goodyear MTR due to form/function and that it has nice tread down the side wall that makes it non lexus looking I guess.

The most aggressive street driveable tire I've found is the Firestone Destination M/T in 285/75-16 (33"). I have 10 of them, and love every one.

PB080008.jpg

I have the BFG AT KO's. Have them both on the FJ40 and the Lexus. Great balance off off and on road. Pictures are in the ROTW links in my sig line.

dude, if you buy a weird tire just for looks, especially with stock everything else, you are in for some disappointment down the line, when you'll start actually using them...

The Mud Grappler is non Lexus looking.

img_mudgrappler_3.jpg

But I prefer the nice smooth highway manors and good trail performance of the Terra Grappler, the 295-75/16 fit a stock truck well. But if it's getting a lift I would go for the 315's much better trail performance for some loss in highway performance and 315's just look right on 80s.:D

blue_stock.jpg

I never realized that Lexus made tires :rolleyes:

Way to go - buying tires for their looks. Toss on some scoops Cooter.

For price and function, I'd suggest the Firestons that Doc mentioned. Great price, really good tire.

I run Goodyear MT/Rs on my rig. Works well for highway and trail.

I gotta agree with Junk...you don't buy tires for their looks...you buy them for how they perform on what you plan on wheeling.

I agree that buying a tire JUST for the way it looks is ridiculous.

OTH, picking a decent tire that will do the job offroad, and that looks great too, is fine.

I personally thing the MT/Rs look teriffic with a 2 or 3 inch lift. I also think any 33 looks a little weird on a bone-stock truck, especially a marshmellow-sprung LX mall cruiser.

Doc said:
The most aggressive street driveable tire I've found is the Firestone Destination M/T in 285/75-16 (33"). I have 10 of them, and love every one.

PB080008.jpg
Doc- how many plies on the tread and on the sidewall? IIRC the MT/R I had in the same size was 9 ply w/3ply sidewall. Curious how the dest. M/T compares, as the price is attractive.

These are what my Toyo MT's look like on my LX.
lx23.jpg
lx24.jpg
LX4a.jpg

pictures? we're doing pictures?
here's what MTRs look on my LX
license_plate.JPG

People people people...

I said I was looking for something temporary, and would upgrade to something else down the line if needed.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes as I'm probably the newest of the newbies still - but I like change, and since I am expecting something to be mostly temporary, I understand the most aggressive looking tread will wear out much more quickly on the pavement.

I still have my brand new stock tires - so if I planned any long trips on the road, I'd probably swap them back just for the smoother ride and to keep a little more life on the tires.

I'm not expecting a monster truck by just slapping on some 33"s with stock suspension, just something to calm my "MUST MODIFY NEW CAR NOW" fixation until I can get around to upgrading the suspension.

I perfectly understand that for as many people who look at the LX with the larger aggressive tires and give me a thumbs up....there will be 2-3x as many more saying "I can't believe that idiot put superswampers on his luxury daily driver."

I got the same response when I removed the 8.5" limited edition BBS wheels from my Miata to swap on a matched bolt pattern heavier wheel, since I already had some better traction tires on the other rims.

In either case, I get just as much satisfaction from an onlooker giving a thumbs up, as one who turns their nose up in disgust...lol.

Maybe its a young age thing (I'm 25)? I'm guessing the average age around here is 40+?

I'll admit that a lot of things I like to do - most people would be surprised.

I have 2 young kids (ages 3 and 7 days old) but I also own 3 - 2 seater cars. (2 Mazda Rx7s, 1 Miata LE) Most people would sell or trade in the toy cars and buy a Taurus or something.

If I can do something different with my vehicles to improve performance, looks, or just make me like it more, I will.

It wastes a lot of fuel driving my Rx7s and shooting 3ft fireballs - but I can always just buy more gas.

It will surely be pricey to buy aggressive tires that wear out fast, lower my gas mileage, etc...but I would find it entertaining to throw some interesting looking tires on the LX.

I suppose by definition, this would be SUV "rice"?

Oh well. Thats what this is for, right? :flipoff2:

CodyRx7 said:
I got the same response when I removed the 8.5" limited edition BBS wheels from my Miata to swap on a matched bolt pattern heavier wheel, sin already had some better traction tires on the other rims.
:

Looking to get rid of those BBS wheels?

lol...I was just thinking..

You're not really supposed to be able to drive an ATV on the street - even the warning stickers slapped on the fender say "DO NOT USE ON THE HIGHWAY!"

Buttttttttttttt.......the DMV gave me a motorcycle plate and registration for it...

I don't even have a Motorcycle endorsement!

Thats just whats allowed in Arizona. My stock rear tires were almost bald in 3 months from use on the pavement. That didn't stop me from driving it on the road. I just bought more expensive, even more aggressive tires, taller and wider than stock and continued driving it everywhere.

I can see someone being so against the idea if the purchase of 33" tires meant I had to feed a baby to a tiger...but the way I see it.....What if the baby was REALLY ugly? lol.

CodyRx7 = impulse shopper, ridiculous & proud. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom