What's the green stuff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser804

SILVER Star
Threads
Thread locker or sealant?

1627005057417.png

Is there a preferred alternative? I have a replaca from City Racer and it does come with it.

Is there a preferred alternative? I have a replaca from City Racer and it does come with it.

couple wraps of teflon tape, you'll be fine

I tend to stay away from thread tape because it can shred when threaded in or out and tear off in strips and contaminate the fluid your trying to contain. I prefer using a thread paste or plummers thread sealant. They usually have teflon in it. It comes it tubes or jars w/a brush.

What's the problem with using an Aisin factory part as is, with the thread sealant they selected?
NLA from what I can tell. Others are but not this specific one.

If you have to use your own sealant (not supplied on part), this stuff is the best for a DIY and readily available. Loctite (since being acquired by Henkel) also has some very good (German) thread locker/sealants.

1627320952957.png

NLA from what I can tell. Others are but not this specific one.
The picture you posted is of a NLA part? Aisin is printed right on it. You wanted to know what the green stuff was, Aisin apparently put it there, what am I missing?

The picture you posted is of a NLA part? Aisin is printed right on it. You wanted to know what the green stuff was, Aisin apparently put it there, what am I missing?
The item picture is for reference. This is the one I am looking to install that came from City Racer

1627351220174.png

Not green but this looks like the right thing.

All of those sensors into coolant circuit are pipe thread; they don't need locker, just high-temp sealant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom