What's the deal with my Oil Pressure Gauge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few months ago I hit a puddle rather hard and my pressure gauge stopped working. I figured the wire to the sensor had just come off. I got to fixing this and I've found three wires coming out of the wiring harness leading to the sensor. One runs to the AC condenser- obvious. Two other wires were there dangling. One is a pig tail from a brown wire that looks like a PO home brew, and another one with a black plug that looks factory. I tried the hooking up the home brew wire first, and pressure gauge showed nothing. So I tried the factory black plug, and pressure gauge skyrockets to the top of the gauge and stays there. I know this isn't right as before my gauge always hovered at the lower side of the gauge as with most 1Fz-FEs. Any idea what is the issue here?

pressure gauge wires.jpg

I think the one you have connected to the spade slides sideways over the brass button and the other pole connector goes on the spade. I have the same thing happening after a head gasket job.

the black push on connector goes to the tab on the sender, the other connector that looks like it had some wire repair will slip over the button tab on top of the sender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom