What's the Deal? Clutch MC replacement... Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I called spincter offroad and it seems that they will sell you a sumbicchin' Slave cyl. for this damn '65 I'm restoring, and when you need a replacement Clutch master, they will ONLY sell you a Master and Slave Combo for $170 gawd damn dollars!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What am I to do with the brand new and now extra slave cylinder? Can I avoid going through them and waiting another week for parts to arrive at their leisure?

Does ANYONE know what brand or model toyota replaced their Clutch systems with? Or what part# they are selling at spincter? Apparently they stopped making anything for the 1953 to 1974 in the original styles... Now I'm screwed and they have too damn much of my money already.

What can I do?

Last edited:
I don't know how to post a link or I would, but use the search key above and put in "clutch master" or "clutch and slave cylinder" or something to that effect. There was just a great thread on here a couple of days ago and it said where to get the pair for like about $100 dollars and then someone else responded that it was cheaper at another site and gave a hyper link. That one might not have gone back far enough. Good luck.

It's not like that bro....

All original non power brakes... I need the CLUTCH MASTER, not the brake master...

I rebuilt this one with a kit from spincter and it's NOT sealing and has likely been rebuilt before, so it's no good to rebuild a 3rd time.

I will utilize the search function for the next 3 or 4 hours and see what I come up with.

Thanks for your help fellas.

go to advance auto ( i work there)
ask for a clutch master cylinder from a 1972 fj40, its going to be a beck arnely part
it will show up in a beck arnley box but it will be a aisin master cyl. for your fj40..

i just did it last week lol but i getta sweet discount

you can get a clutch master from aisin at your local auto parts store. Its not that hard

Is it going to be correct? or something later? I need to be able to put my tin reservoir on it... It MUST appear to be original or a restoration is not a restoration... :(

go to advance auto ( i work there)
ask for a clutch master cylinder from a 1972 fj40, its going to be a beck arnely part
it will show up in a beck arnley box but it will be a aisin master cyl. for your fj40..

i just did it last week lol but i getta sweet discount

I did this a few months ago for mine, didn't even know till I opened the box it was aisin. Needless to say I was a happy camper. I didn't pay an arm and a leg at $or and got it the same day.

umm...0724757 for 1" bore and is 98.88

and the 3/4" is a heck of alot cheaper and is the one i think you need, i forget the p/n i'll get it for you tomorrow, i gotta that one on the stores computer...

not that it matters but the aisin parts always came to me in ugly ass blue lol, alittle spray paint does the trick... plus your getting the aisin parts that you'd buy at toyota for a considerably lower price

Is it going to be correct? or something later? I need to be able to put my tin reservoir on it... It MUST appear to be original or a restoration is not a restoration... :(

Your options are limited. If you really must have the metal reservoir (I canned mine and went with the 'update kit' from CCOT), your best option is probably to get the original one sleeved. I had decent success with a rebuild on mine, but it still only lasted a couple years before it puked again. It's about as simple as can be for a machine shop to put a stainless sleeve in your original one - try calling a couple local shops.

I don't *think* the metal reservoir fits on the newer m/c bodies, but I'm not totally sure on that one.

Did you check Toyota for the part? I just got a clutch master for my 74 for $139.12 from the dealer.

Kevin

This is the big hang up here.....

Your only option will be having a machine shop sleeve the master that you have and re-seal it. This component has been discontinued for a bit now and it is not likely that you will find a NOS piece just sitting around.

Restorations are nice and all, but there is something to be said about reliability and serviceability of the components.

Are the two reservoirs not interchangeable?

Ed:confused:

if you are going for perfect resto and you want the original, take it by a custom hot rod shop and pay them to build you a booster that look identical putting all new toyota parts inside.

thats a true resto:grinpimp:

Uh, a 1965? Booster? WTF are you thinking?:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

Bueller?............Bueller?
Ed

You guy's are not getting it... I AM the restorer... I AM the Machine Shop and I am the hot rod shop in my area....

What's this "booster" everyone keeps talking about?

I'm going to bite the bullett on this one and get that nasty ass looking later model one from auto zone or some such place tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies guy's! You've been GR8!

FE

if you are going for perfect resto and you want the original, take it by a custom hot rod shop and pay them to build you a booster that look identical putting all new toyota parts inside.

thats a true resto:grinpimp:

Just what are you talking about?

You guy's are not getting it... I AM the restorer... I AM the Machine Shop and I am the hot rod shop in my area....

What's this "booster" everyone keeps talking about?

I'm going to bite the bullet on this one and get that nasty ass looking later model one from auto zone or some such place tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies guy's! You've been GR8!

FE

A true restorer is not worried about price ;) So suck it up and send your clutch master cylinder to these folks http://www.whitepost.com/brake.html They will reline the cylinder and put all new parts in it. Most expensive option...

Another option is to take it to your local vocational school and talk to the machine shop instructor, he may take on the job as a teaching project for his students.

Last would be to find a master cylinder in good enough shape to rebuild. Post up in the wanted section see what ya get.

Coolerman, I am a True restorer but... My customer is weak with the force, and is not easy to reach about money... Therefore I am finishing this thing as quickly as possible with as close to original as I can get.
Tired of spending money I have to work verbally to get back...

Late model side strapping looking thing it is I reckon.

FE

Called VatoZone a few minutes ago Esse... Special order Clutch master Only... Gotta wait ANOTHER DAMN DAY for something that might not work...

Plus it was $93 bucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom