Whats the consensus -- replace rotors at the same time as pads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Addis Ababa Past: Seattle, Windhoek, Dar es Salaam
I'm getting close to needing new pads (<40%) in the rear and will have the fronts done at the same time. Whats the rule of thumb with LC rotors, are they good for multiple sets of pads or should they be swapped at the same time as pads? I have not, at this time, measured the thickness of the rotors but they have held up well, no pulsing/pulling etc. I replaced the rotors (currently Brembos) when I did the last pad change about 38,000 miles ago as part of my baseline and to solve some vibration under braking. These "new" rotors have no issues. What's the hive mind think?

Cheers,
Chris

General consensus is no. But we all do anyway.

OEM are great rotors, the original set made it 175k and we're replaced when warped. They had been turned 3 times. Replacements cost about 20% more than having them turned in my area but others seem to be able to have it done economically.

OK, so keep the rotors if within spec. Sounds like a plan that saves me a chunk of change --- Now all I have to do is resist the temptation of DBA rotors and how "cool" slotted rotors might look until I get the pads swapped out and I forget about brakes for another 5 to 6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom