whats the black plate just in front of the trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80
Threads
hey i have a 87 fj60 4sp - wanted to know what the black plate in front of the transmission is - mine is leaking bad - the oil looks black and is dripping from a small rubber plug - well its all over it -- noticed this while i am rebuilding my transfer case that had too much fluid in it -- 3 week project on weekends -- going very slow but hopefully will finish with no leaks - i hate leaks

kQ_640-1.jpg

Last edited:
clutch inspection cover . oil coming from there could be the rear main seal on the engine or oil pan gasket . with all the air moving around in the engine bay it is sometimes hard to tell with out doing a thorough cleaning and a running inspection afterwards . Also pull the clutch insp. cover and see if you can see a definate trail of oil leaking forward of the flywheel....

rear main seal and oil pan gasket was changed at a shop by the previous owner -- but that doesnt mean anything - i have receipts when it was done

I think the plate is referred to as the flywheel dust cover.

From reading here and my personnel experience most times oil there is from the pan gasket.

If the shop in question used the Felpro two piece gasket there is a high probability it is leaking again.

It's a :banana::banana: job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom