What's the best tire for my FJ40? Falken Wildpeak v. BFG KO2 v. General Grabber ATX v. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
I'm getting close to replacing my tires. I'm running 33x10.50 KO2s on stock wheels.

What's the best tire? I'll be doing some light to moderate mountain wheeling but I also might be road tripping from Washington State to Florida... So everything is considered here, What's your experience with these tires? (Also snow-rating is preferred! I'll be taking it skiing)

- Falken Wildpeaks

- BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2s

- General Grabber ATX All Terrain

- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

KO2s are pretty hard to beat. They are what I run during winter / more road driving. Otherwise, it's the stickies.

What is it about the KO2's that you're trying to improve upon? Looking for better mileage/wear, more traction, better road handling or just want to change the look? Then it boils down to how much you are willing/able to spend to try and achieve that goal.

I had 32”-ish Falkens on my 04 4runner. Wasn’t very impressed in snow, but this is deep snow late elk hunting so minimum 6” up to bumper pushing snow. They were fine on compact snow and ice roads like mountain passes. I went back to the Duratracs after I tried the falkens. Much happier in those snow conditions.

I had 32”-ish Falkens on my 04 4runner. Wasn’t very impressed in snow, but this is deep snow late elk hunting so minimum 6” up to bumper pushing snow. They were fine on compact snow and ice roads like mountain passes. I went back to the Duratracs after I tried the falkens. Much happier in those snow conditions.
Yeah my brother has studded duratracs on his 99 4runner. He worked at a ski resort and loved them

What is it about the KO2's that you're trying to improve upon? Looking for better mileage/wear, more traction, better road handling or just want to change the look? Then it boils down to how much you are willing/able to spend to try and achieve that goal.
Well, all of the above lol. I want to change the look. I love the look of meatier tires (I bought the truck with Mud-Terrains but got KO2s because of the snow rating).

But, I've also heard people complain about the way KO2s handle on the road. Some friends of mine think they're squirly and don't respond well. Tread life and snow performance are also considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom