What's originally painted pewter on an fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tankota

SILVER Star
Threads
Is there a complete list of what parts are painted pewter from the factory?

Got a lot of search results but no complete list of things. Working on a 67 that the PO painted everything one color.

Glove Box
Instrument Cluster
Ashtray
Rear Bumperetts
Front Bumper
Front Seat Sheet Metal and Frames
Rear Seat Sheet Metal and Frames
Window Cranks
Interior Door Release
Horn Button Center

Check me....did I miss anything?

I've seen the fuel separator or vapor recovery thingy cover that was body color and pewter. Must be different for different years?

Handle over the Glove Box. 4wd shift lever on dash, not sure about front heater ours was pretty rusted. Under seat rails, metal jump seat parts, Several parts on the inside of the door near the handles, speaker cover (although it almost looks like hammered paint) We got a very original 67 FJ40 (hasn't been on the road since 1979) and have tons of before photos. I'm not as good as Mark Jennings, I'm looking at the pics. We also found a great paint match which was actually an older Audi color. Cant find the can this morning but its here somewhere if you need it.

Door safety strap hardware
Primed and waiting for the word. Thank you for the info. Had to make one of these from a hex bolt as I didn't want to pay $50+ for one.

20201211_130715.jpg

Good ones. I'd forgotten about the factory grab bar. If you get around to finding that paint, post it up. Seem to be a couple of paint options. Would like to see which one you found.

And yet another Pewter part....on 67, the trim around the rear round red reflectors (say that 7 times after your 3rd beer) and the front turn signal housings...

Merry Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom