What's my 80 worth after the damage has been done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it looks like I'm going to have to part ways with my beloved wheeler/driver/family wagon. I put it over on the passenger side and did it right this time. I dont have the room, time or money to chop and cage it. I'm now left with parting it out or selling it to someone who has the wherewithal and resources to make it a dedicated wheeler. I bought it about 4 years ago as an unlocked low mileage (98k miles) 80 that spent most of its life in Texas as a corporate fleet grocery getter. I bought it from the secondish owner that bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to slee to rack up a $6200 bill for lift, axle rebuilds, new brakes, oil leak fixes et all. I have a copy of the work done and it was extensive. Ive since done many many many upgrades and changes to it. Ive kept detailed service and maintenance records of all that's been done since Ive had it. As it sits today there's 122k miles on it. It's been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned considering the fun Ive had with it. I put an rear Aussie locker and center locker button in right when I got it. Ive also run the gambit on lifts but ended up with J's and 30mm spacers front and rear. Some but not all of the mods are: ARB front bumper, 12k winch, metal tech sliders, slee belly pan and rear HD lower control arms, 4x4 labs rear bumper, drawers in back, 315 Cooper st max with 8k miles as well as other stuff I cant remember off the top of my head. This rig has never left me stranded and in fact, after I put it on its side, I duct taped the windshield and ended up towing my buddies jeep back out because it wouldn't start (again). I then drove the 80 on the back highway 2.5 hours to my buddies house without any issues at all. If I had a place to keep it I would either part it out or repair it, add a front locker and trailer it to wheel. So...realistically what is it worth as it sits? It's a shame to let such a low mileage rig that's got a ton of life left be set out to pasture.
Thaks in advance
Paul
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG

More
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
A few more...

Oh yeah...I'm not taking dibs on parts yet. If I decide to part it out I'll let folks know.

Geez you have $3k in tires and bumpers. Easy parts to pull.
What do you think is a fair offer?

If you decide to part pm me please, I'd take the rear bumper, skid, possible engine, maybe whole truck, sorry bout your loss

Geez you have $3k in tires and bumpers. Easy parts to pull.
What do you think is a fair offer?
Hard to say. Someone could put a few grand and a lot of time into it and have an awesome rig, I'm just not that guy. The tricky part for me is the lack of space and time to part it out. I could catch a few grand on the big easy stuff but then I left with pulling the small stuff and hard to get to things that take time to get packaged and shipped. Ill be getting back into the 40 side of things when I can save the million dollars that they go for now. I'm still not 100% sure which direction I'm leaning yet which is why I reached out to y'all wise folks of mud.

I rolled my green 94 three times (one incident) a year and a half ago. I'm no quitter!! I found a good deal on a 93 up in Oregon. Have been working the past year on swapping over all my goodies from the 94 to the 93, complete disassembly of the 94, storage of many parts, sale of some parts like elocked axles (mine were geared and ARB'd already). The guy who bought the elocked axles from my "new"93 was forced to take the rolled 94 bare shell and frame as part of the deal (got that out of my hair, if I had any).
Could you do something like I did since you already have a lot of good parts and drive train? It might take a year or two but you would still have an 80.

I rolled my green 94 three times (one incident) a year and a half ago. I'm no quitter!! I found a good deal on a 93 up in Oregon. Have been working the past year on swapping over all my goodies from the 94 to the 93, complete disassembly of the 94, storage of many parts, sale of some parts like elocked axles (mine were geared and ARB'd already). The guy who bought the elocked axles from my "new"93 was forced to take the rolled 94 bare shell and frame as part of the deal (got that out of my hair, if I had any).
Could you do something like I did since you already have a lot of good parts and drive train? It might take a year or two but you would still have an 80.
Great idea but I don't have the space to keep it. I would for sure hold onto it and work on it slowly if I could. Our new house, while bigger in square feet is a downgrade in garage and driveway space.

I kinda think the buyer for this is going to be someone that has a nice stocker and wants to add all the parts you did, but they will have to take all the stuff off AND all the stuff off of their rig and THEN install the parts off of your rig onto their clean body. That is an enormous amount of effort, which isn't going to help your case. Honestly, I probably wouldn't pay much more than 3-4K for that privilege. If YOU could part it out, you would likely make more back, but then you are up against your lack of time and space so I don't really see how you aren't going to take a hit on it.

You could just try to hammer it back in enough shape to install a windshield and wheel the crap out of it until it's dead and then sell it as a parts rig as a whole.

I've parted a quite a few 40s and one 80. Parting them out is a huge undertaking with shipping everything all over... As someone who can see profit id pay 4K if you were close to me.

That should buff right out...... problem solved! Gas 'er up.... and let's roll!

Please pm me if you come up with a price for the whole rig and or part it out.
I would be interested in most of the aftermarket parts

man, i have a mint LX body. let me know if you want to sell the whole truck. would love to have a low miles unit like that to body swap with.

Take it to a body shop and have them rough in a windshield... less than $1500 with the glass i bet.

Such a bummer to see you parting with it. I wish you had the space and time to move things over onto a different landcruiser. If I had space and time I'd be taking it off your hands as a parts truck for mine. Hope you get into a 40 soon.

Such a bummer to see you parting with it. I wish you had the space and time to move things over onto a different landcruiser. If I had space and time I'd be taking it off your hands as a parts truck for mine. Hope you get into a 40 soon.
Yeah...this is my second 80 and fourth landcruiser and I will miss it for sure. It's time to close this chapter and move on to the next one though. It'll for sure be a 40 or 43 or 45 but will be a while before it happens. I've got my buddies rigs that I can copilot so I'm able to get out in the sticks still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom