What's more capable a TRD Pro 4Runner or a built 100 Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got BIOR rear bumper/carrier and a ARB Sahara front with a 90lb winch. I get about 16mpg (after I scrapped the roof rack, that killled the mpg). I saw the comment earlier, and it is true, I'll throw bumpers on/fully load it with stuff and people, and it doesn't flinch.

I have a 4Runner as well. Albeit a '99. Wife loves it, but always comments on how well the 100 drives comparatively.

I vote for the 4Runner.
The KDSS with the rear locker and Crawl Control is a killer combo. I have done several Moab hard trails with one and its incredible what that vehicle can do.
Same thing here in the mountains with a variety of terrains those 4R can tackle everything with ease with all the advantages of a new vehicle.
I did not justify spending $40-$50k on a truck so I went for my 100 series with no regrets

Kinda hard to compare these two, ultimately the price point is way different on both vehicles at this point. If a used LC and 4Runner are both the same price, then I’d go for the 4Runner because it’s newer. They’re both very capable and should do everything the other can given the right mods.

However one vehicle costs twice as much so it makes much more sense to get an LC and use the remaining budget on mods and booze.

No one even asks this question in the 80s forum...!

No one even asks this question in the 80s forum...!
That side is almost a cult. Dare to say anything bad about a 80 and they will find you and hang you for treason

That side is almost a cult. Dare to say anything bad about a 80 and they will find you and hang you for treason
Fixed it for you

Everyone knows that the answer to any/every question is buy a 80 series land cruiser. You might just have to put a couple qualifiers on it. Since not everyone is worthy of taking care of a 25 year old vehicle.(when I say worthy i really mean has time/capability, or wants to wrench all the time instead of getting out in the woods)

but seriously, 4R Vs. 100 LC?

the driver is the limiting factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom