What's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I go to see it tomorrow but the asking price is $7000...what do you guys thinks this is all I know except for the interior needs work. Thanks in advance.

Smog exempt, mostly stock. All hard parts plus bikini top and safari rack.
New low mileage engine from Specter Off-Road. Rebuilt transmission. All receipts and service records. Runs perfectly. Has some light surface rust, but its from California originally so it is mostly cosmetic. One small rust hole in rear quarter panel. Needs interior and paint.

New:
Alternator
Accel SuperCoil
Axle Seals
Battery
Brakes
Carburetor (Weber 32/36)
Clutch
Exhuast
Flex Fan
Flywheel
Headlamps
Motor mounts
Oil Pump
Radiator
3mkY4PeFqK0SeiyjEt5zo8wUTcnm.jpg

what year? 73-74?

Well, apparently as learned in the last one of these posts we had the other day, it's worth whatever you are willing to pay.

Sounds like a good Cruiser, if you like it a lot and have the cash then do it and feel good about it. If it doesn't seem like a good deal and you're confident you could find a better one then do that.

Make sure you post up some good pics of her when you get it. Laters and welcome.

Hi All:

Being an owner of a '74 FJ40. I'd have to say it would need to be *pristine* to rate $7Gs!

The Accel coil and Weber carb are aftermarket - later model TLC parts would have been better upgrades.

What engine? 2F, or a '73 "F" motor? Three speed transmission? Drum brakes at all four corners?

Yet, still a rust hole for a "California" truck?? Look deep, grasshoper, for the truth!

Best of luck on your FJ40 search!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

I would say not worth 7000. Maybe with front or full discs and power steering and no rust holes. I would say check it out real good and look for some rust hiding in there. And then try and work him down some. Your going to end up putting some money back into it so just keep that in mind. Good Luck.

Thanks all, my thoughts exactly...I'll take some pics and let you know how it goes. thanks again...you guys are the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom