What's it worth?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '77 FJ40 that I finished restoring about 6 months ago. Since my girlfriend is moving in with me, I will probably have to sell it sometime soon. It is basically a stock 4 speed with a few mods.
New fenders, wheelwells, driverside floorboard, bed, rear panals, rocker panals, steps, rear sill and bumperettes. New paint.
New upolstery, carpet, CD player, custom built front and rear speakers. Powdercoated seat frames and roll bar, new emblems.
The original 2f engine was completely bored out and re-built and runs like it was brand new (only a few hundred miles on the re-built engine).
The frame had to be re-enforced with steel plates in a 2 places. I derusted it and used POR-15 along with a complete undercoating.
There is some funky wiring from the PO, but everything works except for the horn
31" BFG AT
Re-built stock carb
ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS WORTH?
DSC01526.jpg
DSC01527.jpg
DSC01529.jpg

I have a '77 FJ40 that I finished restoring about 6 months ago. Since my girlfriend is moving in with me, I will probably have to sell it sometime soon.

It is worth finding a new girlfriend

:meh:

The mans got a point

ditto

Does her father own a liquor store??

You can replace the GF, truck...not so much.... thats a great lookin rig....

Keep the truck, ditch the......rhymes with ditch....

Post pics of the GF, we gatta see whats driving this decision.

Does her father own a liquor store??

Not a redeeming quality, really.

You can purchase alcohol and not have to put up with her, or her families crap.

:meh:

your horn relay is probably fried , i know mine was when i bought my fj .

my last girlfriend tried to convince me to get rid of my street bike .
i now have two street bikes and no girlfriend , im happier .

the gf may be able to do things the fj can't but with the fj you can find a woman to do things your gf won't do.

Put it on ebay with a 25K reserve and see what happens.

If it sells and you are happy with that, great.

If it does not sell, and you still want it gone, lower the reserve to what you will take for it and be done with it.

See you again in about ten years after your divorce and you are looking for another stock, clean 1977 40 series.

:lol:

Live in girlfriends are never a good idea.

Nice Cruiser by the way.

I have a '77 FJ40 that I finished restoring about 6 months ago. Since my girlfriend is moving in with me, I will probably have to sell it sometime soon.

Selling your FJ40 for the GF? Slippery slope man! Next thing you know she'll be asking you to carry her purse, or run to the store for tampons! :eek: Been there. Done that. But through it all I kept my FJ40 (in storage on the other side of the country, but we'll be reunited someday!)

Nice looking rig. Price probably depends on the market you're in. Sorry I can't suggest an accurate price, but if I had to guess I'd say in the $7k range? Just a guess.

FJ40

You can replace the GF, truck...not so much.... thats a great lookin rig....

To be fair we really need to compare:D

Great looking rig dont think you will have a prob selling it

Very nice! Unless you really need the money for other things, I would tell the GF that you and the FJ are a package deal. Its both or none. Too nice of a cruiser to get rid of. Best of luck selling it. :beer:

she is your gf not wife. you dont even know if yals relationship is gonna work out. you must be really whipped.

whats the reasoning to sell? get a storage unit if you cant keep it in the garage. and if you do sell which i and everybody else hopes you dont fix the horn, if i was looking at a vehicle on ebay that says restored and the horn didn't work i would think somethings up or maybe it wasn't done right.

and as for your gf doing things your 40 cant, thats a lie, last time i checked theres a tail pipe.... :lol:

Poser

Put it on ebay with a 25K reserve and see what happens.

If it sells and you are happy with that, great.

If it does not sell, and you still want it gone, lower the reserve to what you will take for it and be done with it.

See you again in about ten years after your divorce and you are looking for another stock, clean 1977 40 series. <<<<<<:steer: I will wait for you again here.

We have to learn from POSER,he always have a short answer but man.....he knows what he said....jajajaaja>>>>>like he said...:meh:

Since my girlfriend is moving in with me, I will probably have to sell it sometime soon..................

Why not keep both.....nothing better than driving your 40 and having your girlfriend work the STICK...

SHIFT...

You will regret selling that landcruiser for the rest of your life.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom