what's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have been lurking and researching this site for a while as i hunt for the right cruiser to buy.

it turns out an old childhood neighbor's mom has one. she's getting old and won't be renewing her drivers license so they're looking to sell it. he's going to give me first option to buy it. i sold my P.O.S. Range Rover almost 6 months ago.

....to get to the point. it's a '96 white with gray leather and has factory lockers and 60k miles. what do you guys think it's worth? :confused:

thanks!

Location, any rust? I will say $15K-$18K.

Welcome to Mud...

Location, any rust? I will say $15K-$18K.

Welcome to Mud...

thanks.

so cal. haven't seen it yet. garage parked and used only as a mall crawler/grocery getter.... whatever. does have an arb bull bar though. at least that's what my friend says. not sure why.... doubt there's any rust.

thanks.

so cal. haven't seen it yet. garage parked and used only as a mall crawler/grocery getter.... whatever. does have an arb bull bar though. at least that's what my friend says. not sure why.... doubt there's any rust.

I'll bet my hat that the "ARB Bull Bar" is an OEM damage multiplier. Be very careful buying a low mileage rig. If they don't get driven enough, seals harden and shrink and you can have a one leaky toyota. I know, because I have one. (133k on a 93) Also, short infrequent trips are the hardest mileage you can put on a rig. I would recommend finding a local cruiser shop to check it out for you first. Anyhow, check your kelly blue book values before making an offer and offer no more than trade-in value to start. Welcome aboard!:flipoff2:

As long as fluids have been changed and it's been driven regularly, I think a low mileage 80 is the way to go. My 1993 has 103k miles on it now, and it doesn't leak from any seal, anywhere plus I paid for it what most are paying for a older 60 series. Go for it.

TK

i have been lurking and researching this site for a while as i hunt for the right cruiser to buy.

it turns out an old childhood neighbor's mom has one. she's getting old and won't be renewing her drivers license so they're looking to sell it. he's going to give me first option to buy it. i sold my P.O.S. Range Rover almost 6 months ago.

....to get to the point. it's a '96 white with gray leather and has factory lockers and 60k miles. what do you guys think it's worth? :confused:

thanks!

$13k ?

Sounds like a sweet deal to me... They probably won't want more than $10K out of it, as long as you don't let on you know what a gem it is...

Here's what changed in the 96 year... (from sleeoffroad.com)

1996 saw the introduction of the Lexus LX450 Model.
Exhaust system changed from side by side catalytic converters to in-line converters. The exhaust also routes below the frame rail just behind the catalytic converters to avoid excessive heat on the passenger floor-boards.
Front grill changed from the word TOYOTA written across the front to the new Toyota symbol.
Headlight mounts are different from 1991-1994 vs 1995-1997 and will not interchange.
Redesigned dash board with airbags as standard equipment.
Headliner changed to two piece molded units.
Emission system on engine changes. Changed from a Mass Air Pressure meter to a Mass Air Flow meter. Certain plumbing was also removed.
ECU updates and truck became voluntary OBD-II compatible. Fully compatible in 1996 models.
Wheel Lug nuts change from conical to washer type.
Airbags become standard
Automatic transmission changes to the A343F. Some 95's were produced with the A442F. The transmission type is printed on the label on the driver door.

I'd guess it's worth $12K from a book value, but it's worth a bit extra to know it's been treated well. I'd say that $10K from a known entity is a great deal.

As long as fluids have been changed and it's been driven regularly, I think a low mileage 80 is the way to go. My 1993 has 103k miles on it now, and it doesn't leak from any seal, anywhere plus I paid for it what most are paying for a older 60 series. Go for it.

TK

someone must have babied that thing and then gave you a mad hook up!

Smit

I hate threads like this.:rolleyes:

I'd guess it's worth $12K from a book value, but it's worth a bit extra to know it's been treated well. I'd say that $10K from a known entity is a great deal.

Can you find me locked 96 with 60K miles for $12K? I am willing to pay $15K. :flipoff2:

Forget 60K miles, you can find me a 80K. :)

had dinner with my friend last night. he says the rig has been driven regularly. going to check it out tomorrow morning. white really isn't my first choice, but for the miles, the lockers and the bull bar i'll take it for the right price as long as it checks out mechanically...... i asked him about the bull bar but can't remember now what he said. too many :beer: 's hopefully my next post will include some pics. ;)

I would say at $10k you would be a fool to miss it. At $15k if you have the $ then ok but not a screaming deal. That said I bought my locked 95 with 93k for $12,500 two years ago. I am very happy with that.

Oh yes, welcome!:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom