What’s it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so I had great plans to build both 40's that I now have, but plans are a changing! I'm going to need to part with the second truck to help pay for the ever rising cost of building the other one! What I don't know is the real value of it? It has some great condition part, some ok parts and some terrible parts! Also, I know I could double what I would get if I parted it out, but that is time and effort I just don't have right now. I'll post some pictures and details of what I have. Any input would be appreciated. Currently the truck is parked at my brother in laws shop, so i'm not in any immediate need or hurry to sell. I would also be able to deliver if not too far away?

I have a clean title with it.

Here’s all that would come with it. I'm sure I'm missing stuff, but this is a good idea

Front and rear axle – no drive shafts

Frame – Great shape, shackle reversal done, stock motor mounts gone, but place for them is undamaged. V8 motor mounts welded in, but could be removed.

Front Cowl/dash – In good shape. Some rust but overall really nice. Unless you are amazing at metal work the rest of the tub is shot! Bed is on it, but has been separated.

Hood – Great shape no rust.

Side Skirts – Great shape no rust.

BIB – I have two, the one in the picture is ok, but would need the bottom replaced. I have a rust free bib and bezel that will fit, but is not from an 80’. Round bezel.

Fenders – Typical 40 rust spot. Fixable, but not great.

Windshield frame – Good shape with a little rust. Window it self is shot.

Front doors – Good glass and mechanics. outside handles broke on both sides. Inside handles work. Driver door would need new lower skin, but passenger door is pretty good. I would include a set of interior door panels.

Rear Amb Doors – Better shape than front doors. Would need some rust repair and work, but good glass and overall great shape.

Hard top – Some rust, but all there and all glass is there and not broken. No headliner.

Gauge cluster – Can’t verify functionality, but is complete.

Front heater with blower – Blower works and heater core doesn’t leak.

Gas tank – good condition, but could use a good clean out.

2f Carb – got truck started, but needs a rebuild.

2f intake – good condition

Front seats – Light gray. Not show quality but good for daily. Need a good cleaning.

Wiring harness – 90% complete. I would really just use it as a templet to build one? Most connectors are in good shape.

Steering wheel with column – small crack on center foam.

Dash Pads – old and dirty, but complete

Stock roll bar w/pads

Carb cooling fan - Works

Thanks,
Sean

2AF52A1C-A97E-4406-84E9-81C29C97A68E.jpeg

BBCD0539-B710-43AE-8895-6A51A34BF6B6.jpeg

19F00770-4B59-4D80-A066-9583650FD6C5.jpeg

2C979FE3-39B8-40F1-8910-A03BAD7AA70C.jpeg

76530879-F368-493B-9B85-2ABCD70B749E.jpeg

here's a local one to me for $3500 looks like it has a disc front axle
I don't think it is worth that much but that is what he paid for it a few months ago
you didn't mention the year, looks 79+
my guess is $3000-4000???

here's a local one to me for $3500 looks like it has a disc front axle
I don't think it is worth that much but that is what he paid for it a few months ago
you didn't mention the year, looks 79+
my guess is $3000-4000???
Thanks for the reply. It’s an 80’ and does have front disc.

West coast maybe mid 3, need more picks but appears it needs a bunch of rust repaired and that takes time and cash. Still a good project if it has most of the parts to put it back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom