What’s it worth - 2004 LX470 w/ 226k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need your help guys. I’m about to pull the trigger on a white 2004 Lexus LX470. It has 226k miles, no accidents with clean carfax, pretty well-maintained, Old Man Emu lift kit, and undercarriage is rust free except a part of the gas tank skid/cover is a little rotted. Timing belt and water pump has been replaced at 206k. Brakes and rotors done around same time. Seats have no tears and good conditionOverall, the truck is in clean condition aside from normal wear and tear.

Some issues to note:

Passenger running board is slightly dented from underneath.

Sunroof seal gets caught when you open and close (tilt is fine) so you need to manually fix the gasket to sit flush, but sunroof doesn’t leak at all.

Part of the gas tank skid/cover is rotted a little. If you tap it, tiny rust particles flakes off.

Driver side power folding mirror doesnt close with the button. Has small cigarette hole back of passenger seat.

8” scratch on the hood.

Possible slow leak from the steering rack. Seller says out of 2 years he owned it, there might have been 4 times he seen a drip in his garage.

This one is strange...the LX drives straight and aligns perfectly to factory settings, but the steering wheel is slightly turned (10 degrees) to track straight towards the opposite side to where the road is slightly banked for the rain.

The seller is selling for $12k which is clearly overpriced. He knows that and is negotiable. I was thinking $9,500, but now I’m thinking $9,000 is a good offer. What do you think? What are your thoughts? Thank you. You guys rock.

You're in California, wait for a better example, and be willing to pay a little more.
Agree with @97 AZ LC here too. Unless this guy can show you meticulous maintenance records. Sounds like this example has been ridden hard and put away wet many times in the past. Patience @d0nkeyxpunch

Pass. Sounds like a 7-8k vehicle if the rust is very minimal. Less if the rust is present elsewhere (I'm guessing it is).

AHC being removed docks it a grand or more for folks like me as well, but that's subjective. Safe to say you can do much better, especially in Cali.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom