What's it for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I am working on my windows right now I noticed that in the door, around the access for the window mech, are 4 threaded holes. Can anyone tell me why there are 4 threaded holes there?

Eternal-forever
70 fj40

What year FJ40? My 74 hard doors had the metal plate that screwed onto the side with the crank in it....

It's a 70 and there are the 4 holes that hold the crank on but there is also a rectangle hole that is more to the bottom center and has 4 threaded hole around it and about 6x10 inches. What kind of plate cover? I was wondering if it might be something more than a window access?

Eternal-forever

just an access cover. it's handy for getting the window channel on and off the regulator.

OK, thanks I can live with that. Is there suppsed to be a plate over it cause mine is missing if it is. Though not too difficult to build.

yeah, there is supposed to be a plate there. I just got new doors, and I am going to turn my old doors into half doors. Since it wont have a window assembly anyways you can have my old plates if you want them.

Thanks but i think that I will make some out of aluminum to go with my other aluminum ornamentation.

Eternal-forever

I have some doors on a 71 and the dont have the cover but they do have a full door panel which is kind of rare I think

yours might have had door panels that were removed?

Rusty,

i believe someone but newer doors on your 71.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom