What's in the Sport package? - confused (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It appears the headlights, taillights, and fog lights may differ. Does it always mean KDSS and darker wheels, too?

Edmunds says: The optional Sport Package adds unique exterior trim and wheels, as well as a Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), which is a computer-controlled suspension system designed to smooth out the ride and improve handling. Inside, the Sport Package provides black bird's eye maple wood and graphite metallic trim.

Is there a thread in this forum (or any other place) that describes anything different from this about the GX470 Sport package?

Thanks - Steve

All sport 100% got KDSS. No sport model for 2004.
They are available as separate option. I believe @JLee got KDSS on non sports.

Sport model got:
1. Black maple wood trim
2. Darker sport headlights
3. Dark silver wheel sport only 05-07 but all 08-09 got this wheels too.
4. KDSS

Also sports have dark housing fog lights and reverse lights.

Screenshot_20200421-093225__01.jpg

Black maple wood trim
Screenshot_20200421-093524.jpg

Screenshot_20200421-093629__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200421-093524.jpg

Attachments

• GX2005 broschure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
Anyone who has one of these sports who would be willing to take some photos? I've seen thousands of GXs, and I'm not sure I've ever seen one (or didn't recognize it if I did...)

Check my build thread, mine is a sport.

All sport 100% got KDSS. No sport model for 2004.
They are available as separate option. I believe @JLee got KDSS on non sports.

Sport model got:
1. Black maple wood trim
2. Darker sport headlights
3. Dark silver wheel sport only 05-07 but all 08-09 got this wheels too.
4. KDSS

Yep, I do indeed have an 05 non-Sport with KDSS. It's the only one I've ever actually seen, lol.

So to be more specific, can I replace my headlight assembly on my “non sports package” 07 GX470 with “sports package” lights. Looking for the darker look.

please provide any recommended suppliers as well

thx

I just recently purchased a 2009 GX 470 Sport. I haven’t taken it off-road, don’t intend to for awhile because it still looks new with 95k miles. The KDSS system on road is great but it’s the interior that sold me. Besides KDSS, all the Sport features are cosmetic. The interior looks more modern and the wheels seem to have a more durable coating on them.
IMG_4313.jpeg
IMG_4314.jpeg

I really like the previous grey leather and black wood look. The chrome they added in 08/09 doesn't really do it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom