What's Hi Enough For 37's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 79 fj40 w/ 4 in' skyjacker, shackel reversal from man-a-fre, I believed it's 2 1/2'. The rear I have 2 in shackle. I have stock axles w/ 4.11's

Is it hi enough for 37's Mtr's?

Is it hi enough for 36's Swampers SX's?

Are the axles up to hold together?

I have about a 4" lift and 39.5" Iroks...

It all depends on how much you are willing to cut..

Measure to the bottom of your frame (not the skidplate) under the tcase. Mine is 22"

She settled a bit ;)

I added an 8" section to the rear wheel opening and moved the old lip up and forward as far as possible. The rear taper that used to drop down around the ends of the bumper are now even with the inner bracing/body mounts. The fronts are clearanced but still not enough. I am going to run Metal-tech's front fenders to fix that.

(4" SUA, 37" MTRs)

I ran this for a long time on stock birfs/axles....broke last week
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=48628

Poser shots:
TR.jpg
mike_kane.jpg

saws all fixes all ;)

Mace,
Do you have a profile pic of your truck?
I would like to see how much metal you cut to fit the 39.5's.

I knew it could be done, I like the picture, have some more? anybody?

Treerootco what kind of drivetrain you running?

Does any body has my set up? 350 V8 4speed tranny & case Stock axles 4" lift ,2 1/2 shackle reversal fron 2" shackles rear. Mostly used for street, mud, sand and very little rocks

Thanks Grog..

Domek said:
I knew it could be done, I like the picture, have some more? anybody?

Treerootco what kind of drivetrain you running?...

2F, SM465, Orion, 4:11/4:10s....

treeroot what kind of speed you pick up on the street if driven at all on the street?

39.5 IROK's on my ride too.....SOA front, 1/4 ellip rear, ~23" to the bottom of a perfectly flat skidplate, direct to the bottom of the frame rails.

no front fenders, rear inners are my bumpstops :D

SUA 4" worn lift springs with about 1" over shackels.. Running woodys old 38.5 SX's.. I can catch the front lip on the front fenders at full stuff, and barely catch the rear fender flare edge in the back.. Flipped springs and I cut the edge off the front fenders. I cut the tub up to the bottom of the wheelwell in the back and run TJ flares to cover the lip.
I vote yes you can.. ya don't need all that fancy suspension stuff to wheel.. Just have fun with it.. I beat the snott out of mine now and it's a blast.. Thanks woody! Those tires are way fun!

not to rob this tread

but how much tire can the toy axles take?
69 40, stock rears, 78 disc front

I was very good at breaking birfields (stock and early Newfields) with only a 33" tire and locker....

I did finally break a treated/ringed Longfield with the 38.5 SX's....currently, the chromo longs and chromo inners are holding up well in front, and the rear shafts survived in the rear.

Coarse rear pinions are another story, and I've busted a knuckle and some other stuff too...39.5's are pushing Toy axles pretty damn far....

Glad ya like the 38.5's Erik!

what kinda wheelin are you breaking them on?

woody said:
I was very good at breaking birfields (stock and early Newfields) with only a 33" tire and locker....

I did finally break a treated/ringed Longfield with the 38.5 SX's....currently, the chromo longs and chromo inners are holding up well in front, and the rear shafts survived in the rear.

Coarse rear pinions are another story, and I've busted a knuckle and some other stuff too...39.5's are pushing Toy axles pretty damn far....

Glad ya like the 38.5's Erik!

tire bouncing rocks,or torqin up with power?

hope that makes sense ;)

2badfjs said:
tire bouncing rocks,or torqin up with power?

hope that makes sense ;)

apparrently, you have not see the photos of my rig upsidedown....

350 TBI, 700R full manual, D300 4:1...I'm not an idiot on the trail, but I can replace a pinion in 45 minutes and a birf in 25....and carry both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom