What's he been doing with it for the last 22 years!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

30K...Hard to believe, Re-painted? And sounds like lotsa frame rust.

Seller forgot to mention the InOperable Odemeter...

i got my 83 a few years ago with 74000 orig miles...mostly used for a four hour commute to alamosa every weekend. the orig owner was a state cop, so he always had his patrol car.

this is the 2nd(and maybe the same) 30k white fj60 from the same area, the other one someone here found, but Vintage ended up with it...both has major rot............but low miles.

nuclearlemon said:
i got my 83 a few years ago with 74000 orig miles...mostly used for a four hour commute to alamosa every weekend. the orig owner was a state cop, so he always had his patrol car.

That is a believable low milage story, I have a take home patrol car so my 60 maybe get 2K a year on it.

Too bad it's white...

theres a 77-78 FJ40 for sale here in Westminster, CO for 10K....58K orig miles

How much frame rot do most of you cruiserheads have that have 200K plus miles? I have 250K miles on my 62 and only spotty surface rust on mine and its from the midwest. How does any 30K mile cruiser have frame rot so bad it is unsafe? Is it possible?

I purchased my truck "through" him but his buddy had it..(kind of strange situation and before i new better) bought some parts from him before i new better also for $$$ he buys cheap and sells high. I would be very leary of the frame and axles haveing rust on them and being from the north east....and i would NOT buy from him:)

I have seen pictures from someone of a minit truck that had 55K on it..but lived near the ocean in Maine or NH...it was completely rotted out underneath from the saltwater/beach/winter salt that it wasn't worth very much $$

Stew

I'm not saying its imposible but it is hard to believe. BTW Florida truck here 138K, frame is rust free.

My truck came from AZ, it was originally purchased in CA, moved to AZ where I bought it and drove it back to Atlanta. I've had it about one year now. The only spot of rust on the entire truck is a small spot less than the size of a dime near the rear window where it looks like something hit it and made a small dent. 1990 FJ62 with 172K.

Now that your in the south watch your rain gutters. Most common deep south rust, guess its from the nightly dew and high humidity. Tackle that rust fast!

adidasprof said:
My truck came from AZ, it was originally purchased in CA, moved to AZ where I bought it and drove it back to Atlanta. I've had it about one year now. The only spot of rust on the entire truck is a small spot less than the size of a dime near the rear window where it looks like something hit it and made a small dent. 1990 FJ62 with 172K.

Mine is from AZ also, no rust except for wiper arms.

none of my 60-2's have ANY frame rot, let alone even any surface rust.

the miles, I can believe it, there is a 85 fj60 running around town with 60K on it, its MINT.

Where's the pictures? If this super low mile 60 is really in great shape I would think he would have had alot more pictures. Close-ups, interior shots, engine pics, and underside photo's. I think he's hiding something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom