Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i get a lot of top sway with my 80. Icon 3” springs ride great, but im afraid if i have to correct hard at high speed or even driving in town. I have a roof rack, awning and will be putting gas and water up there, so its going to get worse.

I see whiteline makes some. Who else? Best bang for the buck?

Always a compromise , go too heavy and articulation suffers, too soft and better articulation but less stable on the motorway.

Perhaps go heavy and use quick disconnects for off road? IIRC, @LandCruiserPhil made/sold some?

Regards

Dave

My weight is at 6950# and having a lot of sway I upgraded to the rear to WHite Line and the front remains stock and absolutely love the set up. I do use SwayBar disconnect for the front when off roading and feel I lost maybe 5-10% loss in rear articulation.

Thanks phil. Thats about where im at. Was thinking of just doing a rear and leaving front alone or disconnects.

Thanks phil. Thats about where im at. Was thinking of just doing a rear and leaving front alone or disconnects.

In the past if I was lazy and did not reconnect my front it would be scary at best driving at highway speeds. Now with the front disconnected and the rear Whiteline Im way more comfortable if I need to drive between dirt trails on the highway. Still recommend running the stock front swaybar with the rear Whiteline for the best safest driving experience.

Flex with front disconnected and rear Whiteline HD

BYowaJY_iAmYg97Qj2yJOgY1EkA6IFy_2P6uthMoGuCOrBbSNX_wVZNrNtinbLx8EhX-osXjnvfqh2sbhN7RmQRILZMBU_jfWVuU2G_96QmiW3FztUVpuFzij-lwItkqUHQjuAPjiOuaKXqVBsoelq3YraL0oVpiYlgQecxGVxTQwj9-nS1qjSoTk1ZM86R_CZptpS0yDrbghpeMhwtSvUgCfCjDROaGqlgzyI_RgmjU7dSI1lYUEWM9pQaVg7hJ0RH2RfVrRYseiVzisucNKFGTnrKA9HYeQX5d9AWef2o-ACP9gwRPNXhuerkFlHXKb4acCwDjOmvQAxdyhdIw23W-99_HgtlfH2j3VWQ1YCvYLjjRx8g2vxDDp-AB6URtpck-S1qZQBKcM5WnBFEceGXRePMblIjRb4Y2uIQGnBJy2tP4NTVVvSWlKmX9L5qnE3NO2coUwmcFE6FQ6JOGPi3FIaRnbgRWQcdvrQIIgaMbswymeuXVY_mQvCJ_NT0SLhFvo7SQO2L_ELEVGk-koUEyN7_2dcGZ3o8psVTa9l2HAI6ULMl8WcgJd5fHPXfF-bo6yFEinyOHn_1Au2ubxIA7l0ir0ygpmjD8ZQQQ=w1113-h835-no

Last edited:
On a website, they list 3 rear sway bars from whiteline. Btr46, btr46x and btr57. The 46x is extra heavy duty but the ither two appear to be similar or the same. Whitline only the 46 and 46x, so id be inclined to stick to those numbers. Not sure if i need the extra heavy duty or what.

Seems about a $35 difference, 205 vs 240 and free shipping.

They list another brand as well that ive never heard of: TJM

They’re cheaper and Australian company as well, but never heard of them.

In the past if I was lazy and did not reconnect my front it would be scary at best driving at highway speeds. Now with the front disconnected and the rear Whiteline Im way more comfortable if I need to drive between dirt trails on the highway. Still recommend running the stock front swaybar with the rear Whiteline for the best safest driving experience.

Flex with front disconnected and rear Whiteline HD

So you got the 46x? Thats the direction i am leaning, pun intended
BYowaJY_iAmYg97Qj2yJOgY1EkA6IFy_2P6uthMoGuCOrBbSNX_wVZNrNtinbLx8EhX-osXjnvfqh2sbhN7RmQRILZMBU_jfWVuU2G_96QmiW3FztUVpuFzij-lwItkqUHQjuAPjiOuaKXqVBsoelq3YraL0oVpiYlgQecxGVxTQwj9-nS1qjSoTk1ZM86R_CZptpS0yDrbghpeMhwtSvUgCfCjDROaGqlgzyI_RgmjU7dSI1lYUEWM9pQaVg7hJ0RH2RfVrRYseiVzisucNKFGTnrKA9HYeQX5d9AWef2o-ACP9gwRPNXhuerkFlHXKb4acCwDjOmvQAxdyhdIw23W-99_HgtlfH2j3VWQ1YCvYLjjRx8g2vxDDp-AB6URtpck-S1qZQBKcM5WnBFEceGXRePMblIjRb4Y2uIQGnBJy2tP4NTVVvSWlKmX9L5qnE3NO2coUwmcFE6FQ6JOGPi3FIaRnbgRWQcdvrQIIgaMbswymeuXVY_mQvCJ_NT0SLhFvo7SQO2L_ELEVGk-koUEyN7_2dcGZ3o8psVTa9l2HAI6ULMl8WcgJd5fHPXfF-bo6yFEinyOHn_1Au2ubxIA7l0ir0ygpmjD8ZQQQ=w1113-h835-no

On a website, they list 3 rear sway bars from whiteline. Btr46, btr46x and btr57. The 46x is extra heavy duty but the ither two appear to be similar or the same. Whitline only the 46 and 46x, so id be inclined to stick to those numbers. Not sure if i need the extra heavy duty or what.

TJM is a well known alternative to ARB. They are Australian, but have a US division. I run a few of their products and have been very happy with the quality and customer service.

BTR46X is what Im using, Whiteline claims 107% more torsion over stock and I feel its a 107% improvement for my set up.

BTR46X is what Im using, Whiteline claims 107% more torsion over stock and I feel its a 107% improvement for my set up.
I wonder how long it'll last if you keep flexing it out like that

Always a compromise , go too heavy and articulation suffers, too soft and better articulation but less stable on the motorway.

Perhaps go heavy and use quick disconnects for off road? IIRC, @LandCruiserPhil made/sold some?

Regards

Dave

A 3-piece splined sway bar is the happy medium. Does take a bit of tinkering and simple fab work though as there are no bolt-on options.

I wonder how long it'll last if you keep flexing it out like that

Be really scary the sound a sway bar makes if it breaks.

My weight is at 6950# and having a lot of sway I upgraded to the rear to WHite Line and the front remains stock and absolutely love the set up. I do use SwayBar disconnect for the front when off roading and feel I lost maybe 5-10% loss in rear articulation.

Does it hold the sway bar to prevent it banging around when disconnected?

Does it hold the sway bar to prevent it banging around when disconnected?

Once the front is disconnected the swaybar does not move. Pictured below is the front swaybar in the disconnected secured position by the brackets provided.

IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG

Can you share the link? I thought white line discontinued 80’s rear sway bars.

Amazon still shows the BTR46X available. 1 in stock and more available soon

Thanks!!!

Which one should I get?

TJm 30mm or whiteline 27mm heavy duty(2 of them) then white line extra heavy duty?

Would the TJM one be equivalent to whiteline xtra heavy duty because it’s 30mm?

I’m at 6100lbs with a heavy roof rack.

Edit: found from whiteline website that xtra heavy duty is 30mm so think I’ll give TJM one a try since it’s almost 100 bucks cheaper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom