What’s everyone driving when you leave your LC home? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive my 80 quite often, say 500-600 miles a month. It’s think it’s the perfect vehicle other than mpg. Everyone’s always saying how slow their 80s are which I don’t really agree with. They’re obviously not fast but how fast are y’all trying to go?? I’ve desired passing power and maybe some more grunt on steep hills but for the most part I can accelerate/cruise just as i need without really wringing it out. I split the rest of my driving time between a Subaru Outback 3.6 and some seasonal summer cars, all of which are faster than the 80 but the performance of the 1fz feels just right for the platform. I’m also a speed limit guy maybe straying +/-5mph. Im on 33s, a 2.5in lift and stock gearing. But I would LOVE to LS swap eventually.

American Full-Sizes are fun...

JMS_7304 copy.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

This one's only on 37s, but I don't want to cut the fenders more to fit bigger tires. It'll go thru most places where it'll fit.

After 26 years, it's still my go-to truck for new-to-me trails.

Doors seal, windows are good, A/C still working, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Currently (window-) shopping for something that's not near 7k pounds, with better gear reduction and a disposable body.
And even after watching the last two KOH's, I can't get myself to seriously consider a SxS.

My 40
Because I have too much skin on my knuckles I went ahead and bought the most reliable 4 door car to match my most reliable 4 wheel drive. Really I just like abuse and faded blue oil leaking vehicles make my neighbors happy.

Because I have too much skin on my knuckles I went ahead and bought the most reliable 4 door car to match my most reliable 4 wheel drive. Really I just like abuse and faded blue oil leaking vehicles make my neighbors happy.

View attachment 3037012

BJ74
HZJ75
HDJ81
What else other than something with wings.

Well, I have non-motorized transport, but he said "driving"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom