What's a reasonable price to expect for my son's Tacoma? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my son a 2016 4Runner for high school graduation. It is in storage until May 26. Meanwhile, a neighbor has inquired about buying his Tacoma. Here are the specs:

PreRunner
2WD
Access Cab
Red
Dent in rear corner bumper about 5 inches wide
Hood has a slight crease
Passenger panel over rear wheel could use a little body work
182K miles
Rear camera
Upgraded radio
TRD wheels
Bizon trifold hard shell bed cover
Bull bar on front

I paid $8500 for this two years ago and I thought I really got a good deal. We proceeded to repaint the hood and the top, new windshield, new radio, rear camera after he backed over someone, TRD wheels, bull bar.

I'm thinking this is a $10K truck. Is that about right?

He backed over someone ???

Check Carmax to give you an idea.
2WD will be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

A 2005 access cab 2WD with body damage and 182k miles probably won't sell private party for $10k. There's one in Phoenix, 2006 prerunner, access cab, no damage, TRD off road, 102k miles listed at $9950. Minor upgrades rarely increase the value of these trucks.

Maybe you should just keep the 4Runner in storage and make him drive truck a while longer. Lots of body damage and backing over someone makes me think of irresponsible kid that doesn’t respect what his old man has bought him. Purely speculation of course. On the hand, give him the 40 thousand dollar 4Runner and maybe it won’t look like the truck in a couple years. At least it has a backup camera....

2 years ago value was $8,500 add 2 years of wear and tear and the truck appreciated to 10k?
sh!t thats like a 18% return in 2 years and all he had to do was add a damage multiplier and run someone over....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom