Whats a PHH? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes,

I did use the search function, but while I see the TLA of PHH used many times, everyone seems to know what it is, so the device is never spelled out. I did figure out it is something in the cooling system/line, but what it is, I know not.

The suspsense is killing me :confused:

Pesky Heater Hose: n, Used to describe a 50 mm length of straight 16 mm heater hose at the extreme LH rear corner of the cylinder head of the 1FZ engine. "Pesky" because of the difficulty associated with replacing it.

cruiserdan said:
Pesky Heater Hose: n, Used to describe a 50 mm length of straight 16 mm heater hose at the extreme LH rear corner of the cylinder head of the 1FZ engine. "Pesky" because of the difficulty associated with replacing it.

NICE!! :D

Thanks, that's a pretty tame description, I'm sure there are some more colorful terms for that hose ;)

Did they put the oil filter in a less than desireable location like the 3.0 V-6 truck motor, or is it hopefully easier to get at?

The filter is not too bad. It does dump oil on the front axle housing though...:mad:

That's what shop rags are for :D

I did finally look in the tech FAQ, and found out alot about the PHH.

Me thinks it's time I spend some time looking through the old threads and FAQ's, lots of good stuff there!

Another acronym for the PHH is PITA (Pain In The Ass).

John Davies
Spokane WA

cruiserdan said:

Side note for the newb...Dan is the MAN!, Listen to what he has to say and buy parts from him.....Although I have never done this...Im still waiting for him to come home. :grinpimp: and we have a line on parts through the club ;p
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom