What's a non running 62 worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm generally keeping my eyes open for a 62 to swap my rusty 3B diesel and h55 etc into. I found one that's runs but needs a tranny... But otherwise has lots of things I'd otherwise want.. OME lift, arb bumper, good tires and wheels etc. ( and nearly no rust)
1. What's it worth?
2. Is there any market for a good running 3FE?

Thanks for the opinions!

If you're using your h55, who cares if the tranny is shot? Also, pic would help, or a link to the ad.

He doesn't, but it obviously factors into his purchase price.

I doubt many could sell a non running 62 for more than $1k regardless of mods.

This is the one:

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/4596536726.html
I just added up the lift, bumper, tires etc, and thought it might not be way out of line. Here's a 60 http://billings.craigslist.org/cto/4632590593.html
I think "average rust"
In Montana would be very clean for lots of the country. I know a 62 would be a little more involved, but it would have some little things I'd like such as mirrors, AC, nicer inside etc. My intent is not a restoration, it's a utilitarian vehicle that gets 20+mpg. And it's a diesel, which I already own and drive.
I learned from the diesel purchase there may be great rust free trucks stacked up in southern CA, but it's difficult, and expensive to get one here, and you might rapidly eat up your $1000 less in purchase price.

I got my 62 sahara for $1000 with a dead motor.

I would suggest taking the time to go look at it (if your seriously interested) rather than speculating on it's condition.

I will go look at it, I'm just often surprised at how inexpensively people seem to get vehicles here... I'll give a full report after I've seen it.

I got a super clean 88 62 with a blown motor and no axles for a song. Have been offered upwards of $500 for the frame (it is mint) and $1000 for the body which is also mint. Both I have turned down.

Cheers

It's been on Craigslist here in Livingston for quite a while now. I think it was originally listed around $4500.

Beartooth, I don't see how to PM so I will post here for you. Can you PM me. I am here in Bozeman also. I may have a rig for you if you are looking for an 84 gas. If not me then a fellow, Jon here may have something to offer you.

I would think if you wanted the bumper and lift it would cost $2000.00 to buy that... so if they are in good shape your getting the truck for $1000 and that seams like a ok price ... i sold a striped but good running 62 for $1000

Danny, thanks for the offer. I've got my hands full with my 89 plus my gf would kick me out if I brought another LC home.

I think people probably give away non-running 60s all the time, typically more money to fix a tranny than they're worth. I bought my rust free 165k mile FJ62 for $1,200 had a dented door and fender, runs like a top. Had a dude give me another one that ran but got hit hard on the passenger side.

May not always be that easy to pick up 60 series but I would hold out until the right deal came along, start sniffing around yards and auctions.

Thanks for all your input. My math was along the lines if Klingon's logic. We'll see. Dannymontani I sent you a pm.

I agree that $1K is top dollar for a 60 that has a blown motor or trans. At least in this end of the world. I've run into nicer examples where the seller wants more, and they still own them.

That is a fair price for it with the add ons only if the body, frame, and interior are in great to excellent condition. If there is any rust then the price drops real fast.

I think people probably give away non-running 60s all the time, typically more money to fix a tranny than they're worth. I bought my rust free 165k mile FJ62 for $1,200 had a dented door and fender, runs like a top. Had a dude give me another one that ran but got hit hard on the passenger side.

May not always be that easy to pick up 60 series but I would hold out until the right deal came along, start sniffing around yards and auctions.

For sure. Last year a buddy picked up a 100% original 84 FJ60 locally. It had been here since 86. He paid $950 because the trans was supposedly shot. Turned out it was just the pins in the shifter cover/top that were bad. He made his own pins and trans shifted great after that. It was dented up a bit but 100% rust free. He put an OME lift on it and some 33 KM2s. Sold it for $10,000 cash to a guy in Utah. I was blown away by what he got for it. Point is, beat down Cruisers that people think needs tons of work or money usually go for cheap outside the Cruiser circles. Fix it up, bring it back into the Cruiser circles and they are not so cheap anymore.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom