whats a fair price for a fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to sell my toyota landcruiser but not sure whats a fair asking price. It's a 1974 I bought out of arizona. IT has a chevy 350 miles uknown with the stock tranny and transfer case. No rust what so ever on it, but the paint is from 74 and quiet faded from the arizona sun. I put new tires on it last year. The dash is missing all the heat and other swithces. It does not have a windshield it broke during trucking. I have a brand new soft top and also a hard top but no doors for the hard top. I am thinking around $7000.00 for it Is that to much?

X2 on the pics. Its hard to say with out them.

this is the only pic i have. I have changed the power steering to inside the framerail, and have put new seats in it.
DSC00076 (Medium).JPG

i think location ,demand and condition determin price seems like out west they go for good money around pa here their cheap and even if you fix em they dont bring much .advertise it at what you think its worth get peoples comments and if it doesnt sell come down a little till it does good luck

More information would be helpful. Is it fuel injected? Disk brakes? What's the mechanical condition? Are there any dents? Is the hard top the same color? Why are the switches missing? Do the heaters work? And so on.... My guess is around 4K.

And shelfboy is right, it depends where you sell it. Shoot high, and adjust the price as necessary. A cheap Maaco paint job will pay for itseld and then some.

I sold a beautiful '77 with two tops (the hardtop needed refinishing), perfect hard doors, basically stock and in GREAT shape...with all appropriate knobs and such.

New owner threw on a lift, front-end rebuild and wheels/tires and had one awesome Cruiser.

I sold it for $5500.

a rust free 40 is worth quite a bit. I agree that you should keep it. They are a hell of a lot of fun, and besides....chicks dig em.

Far from a 7K truck..... I saw it in person.... wiring is shot and hacked, who knows the condition of the engine, body is hacked and cut, no rust means nothing if things are hacked and cut up... $2500 max, and you would have to find the right person at that price... sorry dude!

However I do know your def. of running so.... maybe I am tainted!! :mad: good luck!
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=126767

Last edited:
You can have the best set up under the hood but americans want nice packaging. Do the paint and find some doors and you'll get $7K.

Is that bumper welded onto the frame? $7k is too much.. i paid $3500 for my 74 in similar shape..

It depends where you are. I paid $2000 for one in pieces, but it came with a new tub, motor, and adapter kit for the motor. Doors and no top. It was probably $5500+ worth of parts new parts included.

They go for a lot out west where people have money to throw around on something like that, and the initiative to do so. Plus, wheeling is a little more a part of the culture. MN would be a tough one for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom