1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What'd you lean today? 7-29-05

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 72FJ40LandCruiser, Jul 29, 2005.

1. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I learned the Texas Rangers kicked the Blue Jays' ass tonight. Teixeira made some damn good defensive plays tonight also. Gary Matthews has been on a roll in the past few games, also. FIRST PITCH of the game tonight and he hit a homer to get the game started.

I learned that Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, and George Jone's song "I Gotta Get Piss Drunk" is a good song to listen too while knockin back some Jim Beam--my best buddy!

I learned that the combination of me showing I do a good job and s***ty managers in nearby stores means my DM calls me and asks me to go help clean up their store for them. I hate it, but I love it when a 20 year old shows up to clean up a manager's store that's twice my age because they can't cut it!!! MUHUHAHAHA!!! I'd never brag to anybody in real life, but since nobody on here knows who I work for or where I'm at, I figure what the hell. Gotta make my stuttering ass feel good somehow...

2. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

I leaned nothing.

3. beno

beno 23424-23216 Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that putting in front control arms on an 80 after changing bushings is almost impossible alone (1 person--me!). I almost broke my back before calling for back up.

And of course a call to our favorite 80's technicians in the Front Range.... ;)

:cheers:
    -onur
    Akron, OH

4. apcoleman

apcoleman

pulling thirds is MESSY!!!!!!!!!

but fun.

5. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

Sucks.... I had to put new control arm bushings in my ol lady's 98 Chevy Malibu and thank God that fixed the problem...

6. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

I learned that Noah, Naoh, oh whatever the hell his name is now is slacking on this thread :flipoff2: .

I learned that even though we moved tool boxes at work today, the new schedual/teams doesnt start till Monday so I still have to work tomarrow. I may not be able to go camping after all, dang.

7. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

Learned that I'm really a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

Who'd a thunk?

8. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i learned that it is strangely satisfying to have both freewheeling hubs locking and unlocking... and i can't work out why i didn't fix it all alot sooner...

9. atoyot

atoyot

When you're flying...don't leave your keys in the suitcase...D'oh!

10. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that hurricanes push lobster out into deeper water and that I can't hold my breath as long as I used to.

11. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
  12. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:

Bwahahahahah, gotta love those inspirational church bulletin boards, you always see something weird.

okok with a closer look I'll put my foot in my mouth. Still funny as hell though.

13. mabrodis

mabrodis

Oh crap, this is sposeto be what I learned yesterday...

Ummm...I learned I can get the interior carpet all put back correctly on my mini after the clutch job and it's very satisfying to have the job done and not have screwed anything up (dang, actually I have one left-over part, a pin of some sort, I'll post a pic, I seriously have no idea where it came from, could ahve been a jack, or the tranny, clutch...who knows).

I learned that replacing a CV joint on a Maxima is a PITA. And that it can take a LONG time, even when starting at 9:00pm (relatively early for us), getting home at 4:40am, then up at 7:45am again kinda sucks.

I learned my friend's Miata (wanted a 30mpg vehicle for $3K or less, got a '91 Miata with 190K miles for $3K, cute car) with a rollbar we put in it looks pretty cool and is probably alot safer, it's like working on a gocart.. :D

14. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Didn't learn anything usefull at all today; Ferrari F40's are insanley beautiful cars (saw one off of I 25 being followed by a Testarossa). Selling stuff for what you expect to get is cool, sold my motorcyle.

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

learnt that there needs to be alcohol interlock devices on mobile phones.

16. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

And keyboards.

17. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

18. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I meant for me. I've been known to post drunk in another forum I used to frequent a while back and make an ass out of myself.

19. OZCAL

OZCAL

Leaned on a post, leaned on my brother for $5, leaned over a rail to watch the fish under the pier. ;)