What'd you do to your KREWESER today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

transmission flush fixed the problem! i was expecting to have to spend 5K on a new tranny, so $300 for a flush isn't too shabby.

:cheers:

Replaced the steering rack bushings on the Runner. Much better!

Relocated the CB antenna to the passenger side and up higher on the tub. Hope to get better reception now that the antenna will be about 2.5 ft over the top of the rig. Also, will be replacing the shocks tomorrow and relocating the hi-lift to a permanent shelf behind the spare tire on Mon. Oh, and I'm gonna slap another coat of paint on the skids......they look like they may have gotten a scrape or 2. :D

I got the Energy Suspension poly kit from Toytec. It wasn't hard at all. Took about 2 1/2 hours including gathering the tools and getting set up. There is a good write up on Mud with some good tips. The center bolt is a little difficult to get to but not too bad. The new bushings go in pretty easy. Then it is just a matter of lining everything back up which took a little effort.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Did you ever do anything with your brakes?

I got the Energy Suspension poly kit from Toytec. It wasn't hard at all. Took about 2 1/2 hours including gathering the tools and getting set up. There is a good write up on Mud with some good tips. The center bolt is a little difficult to get to but not too bad. The new bushings go in pretty easy. Then it is just a matter of lining everything back up which took a little effort.

Thanks, I'm going to get the same kit. I read the same writeup, too. You'll be the first to know if I have questions. :)

Did you ever do anything with your brakes?

Been meaning to update my build/maintenance thread for awhile. I got new pads, rotors and calipers, but I couldn't afford the OEM parts or Tundra upgrades at the time, so I got O'Reilly parts. I also replaced the metal brake lines with OEM, as I stripped one of them taking the calipers off. They're holding up real well, but one of these days I need to look at the rears. My only regret is... I thought about painting the calipers red, but didn't. Now they're coated in a fine layer of rust.

Next up is LBJs, TREs, steering rack bushings and frame rust maintenance... In no particular order (unless another 'project' presents itself first).

There is a lot of talk out there about the front brakes, but not much about the rears. It seems to me, at least on mine that the rear is more of a problem in that after time they don't stay adjusted. I think this is what ends up causing any problems with the front because they end up doing all of the braking. I plan to totally rebuild the rears and then do something with the front. I am still debating on whether or not to do the Tundra upgrade. I might just go with new pads and rotors first and see how the rotors hold up with the new parts in the back. I have adjusted the rear and it made a big difference.

There is a lot of talk out there about the front brakes, but not much about the rears. It seems to me, at least on mine that the rear is more of a problem in that after time they don't stay adjusted. I think this is what ends up causing any problems with the front because they end up doing all of the braking. I plan to totally rebuild the rears and then do something with the front. I am still debating on whether or not to do the Tundra upgrade. I might just go with new pads and rotors first and see how the rotors hold up with the new parts in the back. I have adjusted the rear and it made a big difference.

When I was looking at doing my fronts, I was considering the big 231mm Tundra upgrade. At the time, I didn't even know there was an upgrade that sits between that and stock, the 199mm upgrade. My take on it is... If you are rolling on big tires or carry a lot weight with custom bumpers or towing, it's probably worth it. I'll get there eventually, but for now I'm all stock, so the stock brakes are fine with me.

If you decide to do it and want an extra set of hands, let me know.

:meh: trust me on this bigger is always better when it comes to brakes:D
larger bore master cylinder as well if you can`t fill them bigger calipers they aren`t gona b doing there job to the fullest :)

:meh: trust me on this bigger is always better when it comes to brakes:D
larger bore master cylinder as well if you can`t fill them bigger calipers they aren`t gona b doing there job to the fullest :)

Can't argue with that! :p

Good point on the master cylinder, too. I don't think I've seen that mentioned in any of the threads that I've read.

Got it put back together and running. But haven't drivin it

image-2479914311.jpg

don`t look now but----------- someone stole the driver`s door

I added some bling to Foobar this week.

I added some bling to Foobar this week.

1005246_506563372758558_338471659_n.jpg

1167619_506262796121949_908451839_o.jpg

981547_506262799455282_39662921_o.jpg

884402_506262872788608_1947401303_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom