What'd you accomplish this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2ndGenToyotaFan

Threads
Website
www.jeffersonstatecruisers.com
I installed a 3rd sun visor in the Honda, cause the stockers are tiny and the side windows are huge! I also installed a Chevy truck horn, so people will not laugh at me when I honk cause they are running me off the road, and I put the missing brake self adjuster in the rear drum, so now the e brake feels nice and tight again!

In the 4Runner I stuck in the sweet new shift knob I found, and worked out some finer details on my E-locker wiring, still on paper though... And Jamister sent me a link to a guy selling the diff parts I needed, but I was too late.... :cheers:

Last edited:
We found 13 GeoCaches... And we had a very nice dinner with a fellow JSC member, Gabe can cook some ribs!!!!!....And I found a new camping/fishing spot... yup that's about the whole of it.

The mother of all geocaches to date for us. GCD069, of course it is only our 16th but it was an adventure. See my snowshoe post.

Just finished one of the rear lifts. Woohoo 3 our 4 done :D Everything in my body hurts. I'll get some better pics once complete... and daylight. I have to say the rears are definitely more difficult.

DSCF1246Medium.jpg

Rears should be easy! I can change out a set in under an hour...well I did when I put J's back in. But all my bolts come out nicely. And the first time I did it took much longer, so don't feel bad. If you were home at 3 PM that was us honking from the freeway!

LOL nice. My biggest issue was floor jacks and stands. I ended havin the brakes about 1" off the ground in order to get it stretched out enough to get the spring in. Didnt break any bolts, just a tire stud lol.

Went to the snow, kids played, I got unstuck and chased the dog with my snow shoes on.. 80's without lockers and meaty tires are no beuno.
I did repack front birfs, replaced seals-wishin' I picked up some of Marlin's HD versions, put on new disc on the front and new pads, had the rears turned (didn't need to) and discovered I didn't need to replace the rear pads either..
Was heading in to church Saturday night, explaining the nuances of ABS to my wife when a deer volunteered to help me demonstrated the advantages of ABS brakes.. I broke loose, oh well. Maybe the sagging suspension is fooling the LSPV.
Also found out that a new Birf will cost around $750+ bucks for my 93 with the superceded ABS gear.

i almost honked at ya this morning ty. you just couldnt wait, could ya :flipoff2:
nothing like a weekend on your back on the concrete to make you feel the pain.

i got my shed 3/4 sided and roof sheeted.
tried to fix a buick, failed.
tried to gather the rest of the parts to finally get the new shoes bolted up, failed. still need lug studs :flipping irritated:
scored an e-locker with motor and bad gears for a c-note, for my brothers 85.
lent some moral support to my pal fixing his prelude.

I also found out that my "Short cut" would cost $430.00 from that very nice and informative State Trooper!!

Had he writen the ticket instead of just giving me a heart attack...and warning :)

I also found out that my "Short cut" would cost $430.00 from that very nice and informative State Trooper!!

Had he writen the ticket instead of just giving me a heart attack...and warning :)

Oh :censor::censor::censor: and a :censor::censor:!!!! No more short cut! :D

I finally got around to replacing my steering box on the Pig, got the new one all cleaned and bolted up until I went to put the pitman arm on and realized it was the wrong configuration of box. :crybaby: The only way to tell was to look at the splines and its been so long since the other one was apart that I forgot... So does anyone have a 68-76 2wd Chevy truck power steering box laying around. If I have time I might hit the junkyard tomorrow, they should be a dime a dozen there, but I still wasted a bunch of time messing around with the wrong one!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I sold my SuperDuty this weekend too. That ought to free up a pretty penny when the monthly bills come around!

Snowshoe, movie and dinner Saturday with no kids!:bounce::clap:

Two hour battle with blackberries, prunning the apple trees, cut back the grape and check the orchard for elk sign today. Oh yes sold some more pmags on gunbroker.com.

That's your shortcut onto the freeway?

I figured it was a ticket...but a $430 one? Youch!

Damn, all this got done on valentines day weekend. I spent time with the wife. Saw a movie together and had no kids for the night. Gran torino is a great movie, would'nt mind seeing it again.

But I think fishing on the applegate, would of been better, any pics from what you caught.

Josh

Damn, all this got done on valentines day weekend. I spent time with the wife. Saw a movie together and had no kids for the night. Gran torino is a great movie, would'nt mind seeing it again.

But I think fishing on the applegate, would of been better, any pics from what you caught.

Josh

Yes it was one of the better movies that I've seen in quite some time!!

I have a 3" drop Saginaw pitman arm off a 1984 Jeep Cherokee if it is any use.
It has a 3" drop.
Your welcome to it if it is of any use.

managed to mangle a steering knuckle on the wife's subaru on Saturday. She didn't mind after spending a 2 hour dinner with no kids that night.

gave up the dog and moved washer&dryer & a bunch of kidstuff to the duplex. downsizing is a bitch, one car garage but at least I can still wrench. :meh:

at least my valentines day bill was zip, hanging with the boys is much less headache. :bang::princess:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom