What'd you accomplish this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 3" drop Saginaw pitman arm off a 1984 Jeep Cherokee if it is any use.
It has a 3" drop.
Your welcome to it if it is of any use.
Yeah I'll take it. I've heard they will bolt on to the Chevy steering box for some odd reason. I'll just have to get it reamed for the correct drag link end.

The reason they fit is the steering column and box where produced for General Motors, If memory serves I think Jeep was part of GM for a short time.
The thing you may have to put up with is the spline keyways may be clocked differently than your current arm, requiring re-centering your steering.
how do I get this to you.

Today's progress,
modified the under seat fuel tank to accept the 15 psi chevy in tank fuel pump.
Removed all the old fuel lines from the tank by cutting them off and welding the stubs closed.
Cut a 6.5" dia. hole in the top to accept the pump mount that I removed from the Safari van fuel tank.
Bent up a 1/4" flange to match the reworked pump mount and flange welded the assembly.
I purchased two compleat fuel tank assemblies from Peach St Auto Wreckers so I could modify my existing tanks to accept the GM pumps.
I got the compleat tank assemblies for $20.00 ea.
As it turned out I was able to adapt the Aux intank pump mount to accept the GM pump, a lot less work.
All that is keeping me from installing both tanks tomorrow is finding a working fuel level sender for my seat tank.
Time for Supper.

Can't wait to see it on the trail Al! :)

Wow Al I can't wait to see what you've done!! All of your work is finished so well, almost as though it came that way from the factory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom