What years work for windshield frame hinges my wiper motor is at the top for (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What years can you use for the hinges l?

Can't you use several different years? Please advise so i can keep my options open. Thank you

@sambudo
What years can you use for the hinges l?

Can't you use several different years? Please advise so i can keep my options open. Thank you

According to the part numbers, hinges for wiper motor at the top are different than those with wiper motor at the bottom.

Wiper motor at the top was the design up to Jan 1975.

I don't know about real early hinges, in the early to mid 1960's

Wiper bottom hinges will work on wiper above frames. The difference is the offset for lower wiper motor when laid down on the hood. Early hinge pins are close to the flats and later are positioned out. Not a big deal if that is all you have.
Not my pics, stolen from the internet.

downloadfile-1.jpg

WScrew.jpg

Wiper bottom hinges will work on wiper above frames. The difference is the offset for lower wiper motor when laid down on the hood. Early hinge pins are close to the flats and later are positioned out. Not a big deal if that is all you have.
Not my pics, stolen from the internet.

View attachment 2150891

View attachment 2150892
So you're saying that either will work on earlier model? I knew about the difference in positions on wiper motor, but didnt know if the layer model would work on the earlier one. So when it bends down it dosnt touch the hood? This is good to know.

If it makes you feel any better, I have the hinges from a '76 FJ40 holding up the w/s frame on a '64 FJ45 (temporarily ;) )

I think you should compare the hole spacing on the inboard hole on the upper hinge. Early hinges have this hole on the edge of the flange; I've seen later hinges where the hole had to move up due to the flange needed for the offset hinge pin. YMMV.

Yessir, I'm using later bottom wiper hinges on my 73 with original upper wipers. The only difference is when folded down it is about an inch higher in the back.

Yessir, I'm using later bottom wiper hinges on my 73 with original upper wipers. The only difference is when folded down it is about an inch higher in the back.
What do you mean? I don't picture this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom