What Year is my Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Picked up a diesel 80 series landcruiser in preperation for my diesel swap into a LHD, however ive been wondering what year that japanese one is? could anyone help me out? it doesnt have any VIN numbers on it anymore but it does have this plate in the engine bay, see below..... cany anyone help me out?
P1040432.jpg

06/1991

Mine is 0011308 built 05/1991 they were building like crazy!

1991 eh? did they have full floating axles in the diesel back then? i thought full floating was mainly introduced in 1993 on any 80 series with ABS, or was that only the gas ones?

1991 eh? did they have full floating axles in the diesel back then? i thought full floating was mainly introduced in 1993 on any 80 series with ABS, or was that only the gas ones?

not nescesary just on gassers ..

Equiptment options for JDMs vary compared to North American market.... Jdms usually had options which did not show up till later years in N.A. or not at all in N.A.

Diesler is right... Maybe in the 80 series things became a bit more standardized, but JDMs are known for getting standard equipment way before any other markets. It seems like they tested out changes domestically before bringing them into the world distribution channels.

Mine's a '90 and it has full floating rear axles.

That kinda stuff is market dependent, in Australia every 60,70,80 and 105 series as full float rear ends. Only very very early 40 series had SF and all IFS cruisers have SF rear ends here.

I had a 1990 with full floaters as well.

From what I've seen FJ81's have full floaters because they were stock with 8 seats. Also, models with diff locks had full floaters as well.

The USDM models with semi-floaters (91 and maybe some 92's) had rear drum brakes. The rest had rear disks

FF conversions are common as well. You can never know; once you get the hang of how Toyota does things i the NA market, you find that AUSDM and JDM Toys are radically different.

IIRC Aus requires 4X4's to be Full float? I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's the big reason you hardly see full float here in the 'States, because the Feds don't care about axle breakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom