What would you pay?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtank, Oct 26, 2005.

1. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Spotted an 80 series yesterday for sale. Stopped by and had a chat with the owner. I'm curious as to what everyone would pay for it as if I buy it, it would be for resale only.

Here's the specs:

white
    oak cloth interior
    3rd row seats
    95,000 miles

basically assume that there is no problems as I'd fix those prior to selling. I could do the axle job but that would increase the price and not everyone would want that done. Maybe 2 ideas, one with the axle service and one without.

and Oh ya, it has lockers :grinpimp:

2. acolella

acolella

13,750/ 14,500

3. ace10

ace10 Another one bites the dust! SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    if you were trying to re-sell to the general public, then doing the service would have little to no value.

you've made no mention of the condition... overall looks, has it got any cancer underneath, etc.

i'm giving you my it'll definitely sell price of $9,500, especially if gas continues it's drop and we have some bad winter weather up here in the mid-A and northeast.

i think that you'll hear prices anywhere from $8K up to the $14K quoted in post #2.

4. tucker74

tucker74 Moderator

Gas prices could hurt you right now, I've got a buddy that's been trying to sell an LX450 for a while. Low miles and lockers are desirable though ... cloth in a '95 rocks IMO ;)

I'd say $11k around here ...

Tucker

5. Beowulf

Beowulf

About $10k for a New Mexico truck.
    About $5k for a Massatwosh!ts truck.

:D

-B-

6. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

the interior is very clean and underneath it has some surface rust here and there. The rear hatch looks great because that air deflector isn't on it. Did't see much of any dents and such on the outside but I didn't give it a real close look either. Depending on what kind of idea I get here I might stop back in and talk with the guy again.

7. Darwood

Darwood

Rick, you're killing me. This is exactly what I wanted when I was searching. Too bad I already have a truck... um want to trade out the interior if you buy it :D

8. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    FWIW, I bought my '95 with lockers, OME heavy, cloth, 144K, good interior, OK exterior, 305 MTR's (ok cond), ARB, 9K superwinch, Up-n-over rear bumper/tire carrier, PHH and birfs done, and snorkel for under $11K 4 months ago. Not stock wheels, but I think it looks better with the black steel ones anyway. Factory roof rack removed and holes sealed. I realize mods go for about 1/2 price or less on a used truck, but this one had close to $5-6K of mods on it. I did pay to have it shipped.

Depends on who you're going to sell to. To me, who wouldn't use it as a DD (only as wheeling/camping), I wouldn't pay more than $8K for it in stock condition. To someone who just want a "winter driving" rig, they might pay more... Good luck with it.

9. parabola

parabola

Is that the one I keep seeing on craigslist?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.