What would you do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I've got a question. This summer i bought a fj55 on an impluse at a farm auction for a mear $50, at first i had the great idea of parting it out due to the fact the it was rolled and the body was trashed, but during my great adventure of tearing it to pieces i became quite attached to it. :rolleyes:

So anyway my dad and I got the bright idea that it might be possable to build a new body for it seeing as mechanically it was fine (started up first time with some fuel down the carb after sitting for 3 years in a field)

That begs the question is it really worth it and cost effective being 16 years old with a car payment and a part time job i don't have alot of money to throw around so would it be worth doing it or should i just run with my first idea of parting it out hopefully being able to pick up a complete cruiser some where in the future?

Thanks alot

It costs a bit to build a decent cruiser but if it isn't costing anything to store it you could chip away at it as time and funds are available .

wesintl said:
Just cut the top off.... and make it a wheeler :)

just what i was thinkin

wesintl said:
Just cut the top off.... and make it a wheeler :)

The top was cut off due to tha fact it was rolled badly.

Well anyways the body is well bad, beond redemption every panel is bent , borken or rusty.

But so far the plan is build a whole new body. Yes i know a basteradation of a toyota but i don't think it would be any worse than a truggy :confused: The frame has a been cut 18 inches to minimise over hang and i will be returing it to stock mabye with a small lift so i can fit 33's and then eventually make it bigger as funds and skill see fit. any input?

You would probably be better off to find a donor body that is in repairable condition and swap it on your existing frame. Body work takes alot of time..........

first off, welcome aboard. i have to agree with too tall, if your dad will let you store it. i would keep it and either restore it or slowly make a wheeler out of it. i mean what the heck you only spent $50.00 anyway and they are a very capable wheeler as is.

I might suggest looking for a used body or even another cruiser body for that matter, 40 or 45 cab... mak a flat bed for the back.. and wheel it. You could even go with a fiberglass tub from one of the vendors and have yourself a 45 or 40 on a bobbed 55 frame and it would wheel very well! Don't let what others do be your limiting factor, make due with what you have and drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom