What would you do

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by kling-on, Mar 29, 2004.

1. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    ok so I got a buddy with a cruiser junk pile and a dream to wheel cheap and not care about my ride....
    he's gona let me build US a 79 Fj40 out of the stuff he got laying around ...sounds cool huh :D

So tell me if I'm on track... gona use the 2f, 4sp, split case, p/s box and axles from a 82 fj 60 that just happens to be setting there. the 40's guted but should i use the tilt colum from the 60 or keep the 40 colum and which springs I was thinkin flipped 60 rears frnt and rear SOA of corse... I'm going to chop most or all the body off depending on the rust cause I havent seen it he said the rear corners are mostly gone but the frnt and cowl are good as well as the frame. I'm hopein to get the cash for J/K to cage the rear like TP's

so would there be any real reason not to use the 60 P/S box I only plan on 35-36 in tires hopeing for 36125015 SX's with the 456's out of my 60 I've seen people add rams assit to them which I will want to do later but I dont think he's got that there now :p so is there any other things I might want to use on it

2. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

Talked to a guy who had installed a tilt column from an FJ60 into his '79 or '80 FJ40. He said it was a major PITA because the lengths of the columns are different. I'd stick with the FJ40 column or a GM column if you're set on having a tilt wheel.

Sounds like a cool ride otherwise!

Nick Jennings

3. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=zebrabeefj40 link=board=1;threadid=13901;start=msg129106#msg129106 date=1080612964]
    Talked to a guy who had installed a tilt column from an FJ60 into his '79 or '80 FJ40. He said it was a major PITA because the lengths of the columns are different. I'd stick with the FJ40 column or a GM column if you're set on having a tilt wheel.

Sounds like a cool ride otherwise!

Nick Jennings
    [/quote]

thats what I thought...I will keep ya'll posted hope to start in 2 or 3 weeks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.