1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by kling-on, Mar 29, 2004.

1. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    ok so I got a buddy with a cruiser junk pile and a dream to wheel cheap and not care about my ride....
    he's gona let me build US a 79 Fj40 out of the stuff he got laying around ...sounds cool huh :D

So tell me if I'm on track... gona use the 2f, 4sp, split case, p/s box and axles from a 82 fj 60 that just happens to be setting there. the 40's guted but should i use the tilt colum from the 60 or keep the 40 colum and which springs I was thinkin flipped 60 rears frnt and rear SOA of corse... I'm going to chop most or all the body off depending on the rust cause I havent seen it he said the rear corners are mostly gone but the frnt and cowl are good as well as the frame. I'm hopein to get the cash for J/K to cage the rear like TP's

so would there be any real reason not to use the 60 P/S box I only plan on 35-36 in tires hopeing for 36125015 SX's with the 456's out of my 60 I've seen people add rams assit to them which I will want to do later but I dont think he's got that there now :p so is there any other things I might want to use on it

2. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

Talked to a guy who had installed a tilt column from an FJ60 into his '79 or '80 FJ40. He said it was a major PITA because the lengths of the columns are different. I'd stick with the FJ40 column or a GM column if you're set on having a tilt wheel.

Sounds like a cool ride otherwise!

Nick Jennings

3. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=zebrabeefj40 link=board=1;threadid=13901;start=msg129106#msg129106 date=1080612964]
    Talked to a guy who had installed a tilt column from an FJ60 into his '79 or '80 FJ40. He said it was a major PITA because the lengths of the columns are different. I'd stick with the FJ40 column or a GM column if you're set on having a tilt wheel.

Sounds like a cool ride otherwise!

Nick Jennings
    [/quote]

thats what I thought...I will keep ya'll posted hope to start in 2 or 3 weeks