What would the process look like to take this 62 back to stock interior wise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have an opportunity to buy this 88. Good ownership history, good condition mechanically. Just has a different interior that will drive me crazy.

what are your all’s opinions? I’ve attached some other pictures of it as well

10D5E7B5-411E-4820-87BD-4027102C7B25.jpeg

253C946B-CC39-438F-93E0-E7019583375C.jpeg
4BD8C3F2-451D-4624-9D1A-7C2E803537C9.jpeg
2374729D-E319-4B1D-BAB5-8CA7C445C151.jpeg

D98BFF46-D7EE-4CF5-B8E7-126C09326A62.jpeg

Another interior shot. It doesn’t have to be 100% full blown OEM fabric, door cards/panels. I know that’s a long shot.

Any estimate on cost?

45C480C1-A654-4573-95D3-3A5C9CC1271C.jpeg

Another interior shot. It doesn’t have to be 100% full blown OEM fabric, door cards/panels. I know that’s a long shot.

Any estimate on cost?
It looks like a pretty straightforward endeavour, and it's not a long shot to get it all back to stock. You'd Just have to search classifieds, and post up some want ads. Good front seats are getting harder to come by, but they're out there. Carpet kits are available, try ACC. Rear seats come up every so often.

And lots of folks parting out trucks will send you just the fabric for the seats, so if you were willing and able to re-cover the ones you have (not that difficult) then you have another option.

I can't comment on cost as pricing is all over the place, but I've seen some people ask crazy prices for stuff, and it doesn't seem to sell. Search old ads to get an idea of past pricing.

EDIT: Someone might even like yours better than a stock one and be willing to trade.

You'll never get a cherry looking original interior. So since you're sick of what's there now, maybe do it again with a currently available fabric that you like? That's no big deal. It may be kind of expensive but just a straightforward reupholstering

You should be able to find used parts in the MUD classifieds for things that are broken or missing, like the plastic door bezels in the first photo in each of your first two posts.

Here’s another option (that you didn’t ask for): buy high-quality seat covers for the front and rear and then see if you can live with the door cards. Specter makes very good fitted cordura covers - not cheap but a lot cheaper than re-upholstering. And they’re washable.

Land Cruiser 60 & 62 Series Tuff Duck Slip Covers - https://www.sor.com/cat309e.sor

I found these.

I think that looks great. It would be even better if they could sell me that fabric to do the door cards with.

I'd definitely look to buy used door cards and swap those out. They seats really don't look bad IMO. I'd keep them. It'd be a lot more time and money to get those back to stock. Grey Seat Covers / Front FJ60, FJ62 1980-1990 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/seat-covers-front-fj60-62-grey?variant=12736793378882&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw64eJBhAGEiwABr9o2BHwyPJpzUFBi9faXoa8p6VRbFIfNZ2CHDdcuDL-x5SK4E2b5Xj4-hoCR4YQAvD_BwE

Even though that's a nice wheel on other Toyota 4x4's it really looks atrocious on a 60 IMO. Would go with something appropriate from that era. And please, no black wheels! Console with stereo inside is a bit lame too. That may need to go, along with cupholders. OTOH, they're functional...

Last edited:
I'd definitely look to buy used door cards and swap those out. They seats really don't look bad IMO. I'd keep them. It'd be a lot more time and money to get those back to stock. Grey Seat Covers / Front FJ60, FJ62 1980-1990 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/seat-covers-front-fj60-62-grey?variant=12736793378882&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw64eJBhAGEiwABr9o2BHwyPJpzUFBi9faXoa8p6VRbFIfNZ2CHDdcuDL-x5SK4E2b5Xj4-hoCR4YQAvD_BwE

Even though that's a nice wheel on other Toyota 4x4's it really looks atrocious on a 60 IMO. Would go with something appropriate from that era. And please, no black wheels! Console with stereo inside is a bit lame too. That may need to go, along with cupholders. OTOH, they're functional...
Personally, the door cards would have to be changed, there are several builds converting to leather/vinyl so that may pass depending on your preference and finding OEM seats/material could be slow/difficult/expensive.

There is a guy in Bristol, TN on FB marketplace that does parts 60 series, he occasionally has door cards.

Does look like a decent truck though! Good luck!

How many of the grey plastic door handle bezels are broken or missing? PM me and I'll send you some.

I have those rims on my 2000 4runner painted white and they look great. But not on a 60. Thanks for the pics, now I know what rims not put on mine...
20210808_093514.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom