what would be the advantage of usung these on my 40? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Competition Engineering C2030 - Competition Engineering Floating Housing Mounts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I saw this in the early morning today on the Gearz show. (I cant stand Stacey David as a host but he does do some cool stuff). I am wondering if this might be a cheep way to get a big improvement in suspension without the expense of going to a 4 link. A floating axle on the leaf springs. Just add 2 ladder bars and it would be a pretty cheap job.

What would the advantage or disadvantage of using something like this on my 40 be?

I would worry about the axle spinnin in the mount and ubolts would give you better gound clearance then those huge brakets

i think stacey david died his father has his jeep wagon for sale on ebay.

They are supposed to be welded in place. They do away with the pin in the leaf spring and they sandwich the leaf between 4 steel rollers 2 on top of the spring and 2 below.

It allows the leaf spring to flex without altering the position of the axle forward or back.

If you are going to the work of building ladder bars and mounting them why not just link it?

i think stacey david died his father has his jeep wagon for sale on ebay.

He didn't die. You have to realize that some if not all of the "Project rigs" that he has on the show don't belong to him. They belong to the people that are willing to shell out the money to have them built up on the show. Same with magazines and "their" project vehicles. Owned by a separate party that allows the build to be claimed and built as/by the hosts. If someone is claiming that THE Stacey David is dead, then it's either the wrong guy or a scam.

What keeps the spring pack together without the pin or clamping force of the ubolts?? If the axle can slide on the spring, then the small leaves can slide out too...?

What keeps the spring pack together without the pin or clamping force of the ubolts?? If the axle can slide on the spring, then the small leaves can slide out too...?

I believe the pin is still there you just cut it flat to the leaf.

If you are going to the work of building ladder bars and mounting them why not just link it?

Less money. Medium low skill requirement to make it work. A 5 link is complex, expensive and if it isn't done right unsafe and prone to breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom