What wiring harness to use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really need to rewire my 40 I just don't know if I should get a kit or just build one myself. I have added a lot of stuff since the PO and there tons of connections and splice's I can eliminate. What do you guys think?

I used the stock harness...removed it from the vehicle, layed it out across the driveway similar to how it's in the rig, then spent 3 days with a wire diagram and a wire cutter cleaning it up. Probably ditched 100 yards of wire, and I now KNOW the entire harness. Buy one, install it, have an issue, and you'll get to spend that "learn time" laying on yer back in a muddy ditch....lol

I agree, this harness will be going in my daily driver. I did something similar to what you did in my off road only cruiser but I eliminated any thing that wasn't absolutely required. I know that harness, but I can't have my daily driver down for more than a weekend. I was looking at the painless kit for universal application and then I think I would know it pretty well. I try to AVOID laying on my back in a muddy ditch. Some times it's hard to avoid the enevitable.

I have a brand new painless kit for sale. $325 shipped. I also pm'd you.
-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom