What will be the new "normal"?

Rusty bouquet might be confusing the shopping lines for the long lines for food handouts.

National news shows backed up traffic everywhere in some Texan city for its citizens awaiting the free food shipments.

To an out of towner (myself) it does seem alarming.
San Antonio.

jvalex

SILVER Star
I think a lot of restaurants that just started take-out service will keep this aspect of business after their dining rooms are allowed to re-open.
I can't imagine a greater hell - trying to cram thousands of folks into the taproom AND give in to their pleas for take out.

BG_TX

SILVER Star

Maybe San Antonio is a bunch of a freeloaders? The pics don't really tell the story... :meh:

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star

I also don't see paper money dying anytime soon. Coastal areas of the USA use credit cards/debit cards pretty heavily but in the more rural areas of the country (I am from the midwest...) cash is still king. Heck, I still see folks writing paper checks in the midwest on a fairly regular basis. I also agree that the tech fails on a regular basis then yer screwed if you don't have a few dead presidents in your pocket.

Nick
Says the guy that still lugs around a film camera... :p

How ya doin Nick?

It looks like it’s playing out that all people will be expected to wear a mask at all times in public spaces.

When I’m out and about for work needs or food runs it’s amazing how stupid mass amounts of people are. Touching phones with gloves after touching dirty things or heavily touched areas, leaning on dirty post office counters that have signs saying don’t touch this area, removing masks, wearing incorrectly, etc. one lady gave me the stink eye when I was in the post office for not helping her pick up her heavy ass box, I just stood there and looked. I am nice so it was hard but I’ve always been a germaphobe. I brought my own pen and germexed my hands before getting in my car and don’t touch my phone out in public. I did a lot of this s*** for years already when my wife would want to go to places like Disney and I felt everything was disgusting. Sorry for incomplete sentence rants, partly due to my iPad and part me not being a patient proof reader

I saw a post somewhere that said the two things effecting how long this stays a problem:

1. How dense is the population
2. How dense is the population

Last edited:

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

I’ve been discussing the education system with my son, who is currently visiting while being idled...as a teacher. According to him, all the worst fears of the hand wringers about social promotion will come true: no one will be held back because of the rona.

A broken system which had only a small veneer of legitimacy will become completely transparent. Qualifier: he has a jaded view from having been in involved in a large system whose directives do not mesh with realistic teaching abilities to begin with.

So we will be pushing even less ‘educated’ kids towards the ‘out’ door to compete with the already under-employed for what’s left of the job market. Not a pretty picture. :(

thatcabledude

SILVER Star

I’ve been discussing the education system with my son, who is currently visiting while being idled...as a teacher. According to him, all the worst fears of the hand wringers about social promotion will come true: no one will be held back because of the rona.

A broken system which had only a small veneer of legitimacy will become completely transparent. Qualifier: he has a jaded view from having been in involved in a large system whose directives do not mesh with realistic teaching abilities to begin with.

So we will be pushing even less ‘educated’ kids towards the ‘out’ door to compete with the already under-employed for what’s left of the job market. Not a pretty picture. :(
Even still, the grading scale in my county was changed to the following:
80-100 = A
60-80 = B
50-60 = C

Top Bottom