what wheels to use on a 91 with 35 14.50 thornbirds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a lift for my daily driver, 5 susp, 3 body, and i purchased a new set of 35 14.50 15 SuperSwamper Thornbirds from a buddy for a great price. $600 for the set. I was wondering if anyone have a clue as to what backspacing i would need to make the work the best and not look like they stick way too far out. If anyone have a suggestion on a wheel let me know, I'd prefer to use a black wheel, gloss or matte finish doesn't matter. Any ideas post em up.

I will worn you that the Thornturds will only workwell in the mud or with no pressure.

Weve had two sets... both run on heeps. The 33x12.5 would grip ANYTHING. The current 38.5x15.5 SUCK.

I would not know on the back spacing, i believe you gonna have to let them stick out, especially since htey are WIDE and very knobby. Measurements will be your best friend, but someone more familiar witht he IFS will have to chip in...

Can you get your money back? Those tires suck. You're gonna go deaf.

i'm not worried about how they ride or sound down the road and i don't take this truck out and play in the mud, that's what my other truck is for. As with any off road tire they vibrate and are noisey after they wear, if you put big tires on then you're not worried about it. I work with alot of oil companies that run off road tires and they all wear funny and are noisey no matter what tire they are and even if the alignment is perfect, it's just the nature of the beast.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I'm gonna have to disagree. Thornbirds are pretty much a poser tire, DAYUM they are noisy. Almost as bad as Boggers.

I'm gonna correct you all. Thorntirds are worthless for anything.

However, if you insist on using them most Toyota trucks like about 3.5" - 3.75" of backspacing. They are 14.50's so they are gonna stick out no matter what you do. Any more backspacing and the tires will rub the frame when you turn.

One more thing. Get another set of tires ready to go because those tirds are gonna wear out after about 5000 miles.....and the idler arm will wear prematurely because of the vibration caused by the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom