What went wrong? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thebovees

Driving Cruisers since '67
Threads
Had 94 FZJ80 seats recovered with new cushions and Land Cruiser Heaven covers at a local detail shop that has done seats, but not TLC 80. They came back with big gap between bottom and back. I am trying to determine what went wrong so I can get them fixed. See photos.

Driver.JPG

Passenger 1.JPG

Passenger 2.JPG

One piece installed in car.
Yeah, they need to redo them.

Hopefully they didn't trim off the cushion and fabric that fills that area.

That's just wrong.

I think the bottom part of the seat was supposed to go OVER the large pipe at the back and the back is supposed to cover the thin bar just above that.

I think the lower bar that they already have covered is actually uncovered in my truck but I'm not positive.

Look up some other seat threads in here.

Where are the plastic seat backs. Did you have them before ?

Agree bottom flap on top half should go under and around the bottom crossbar shown. Not sure how it ties back in

Looks like your seat backs have shoulder pads, like women wore in the 80s. Maybe they added some extra padding up top, causing that gap at the bottom.

Definitely have them redo

If the parts you gave them were correct, someone's incompetent. Did they not take BEFORE pictures to know what it should look like? Sheesh. If they installed the seats, I'd check the wiring and redo all the bolts and the seat belt buckle attachment, torquing to spec. Assuming all the bolts are still there...

wtf-simpson-what-the-****-tom-delonge-hiding-wtf.gif

What is the height of the front seat from the floor to the top of the seat, not the headrest

I am going to remove hog rings holding the seat back leather on and see the mounting of the back cushion and attempt to move it down.

Last edited:
Well you could slice across the top and pull firmly downward. Seriously, if you're not going to do it yourself (assuming it's even doable at this point; dunno what they've done to the seats)--I wouldn't wait too long to take the seats back to these clowns with a strong WTF? At which point, I'm not sure I'd leave the whole vehicle with them.

The flap circled in blue needs to wrap under the bar I pointed arrows at. Pull the cover down as you do this. You should be able to tell where it attaches to. Hog rings not necessary. Zip ties will work. Then pop the cover back on. (You have it still, right?)

2DAAFD60-6601-47FB-9C04-72008EC5874A.jpeg

Will look like this:

B19E226D-9F0B-4F7E-8217-16BC2B34BB5E.jpeg

The flap circled in blue needs to wrap under the bar I pointed arrows at. Pull the cover down as you do this. You should be able to tell where it attaches to. Hog rings not necessary. Zip ties will work. Then pop the cover back on. (You have it still, right?)

View attachment 3297896

Will look like this:

View attachment 3297895

Agreed.

The whole thing just needs to be stretched down taught.
If they had pulled it tight to remove the wrinkles, blind Freddy would see it doesn't attach where they have it attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom