What weight Mobil1 Do You Run??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering what grade Mobil1 most of you are running....5w-30?? I noticed costco is carrying 10w-30 Mobil1 and figured I would ask if anyone uses that grade in their rig?

Last edited:
mobil1 10w-40 high mileage from walmart. usually have to add 2 quarts between changes, I dont have a daily commute, so my yearly mileage is pretty low, I change it about once a year. I know I have an Oil leak, was told its the rear main seal. Leak is not enough to justify the cost of repair compared to adding a quart every 4 months or so. Plus, the leak is my "automatic on board undercoating rust prevention system" :).

5-30 here.

My rig has run Mobil 1 10w-40 high mileage for about 5 years or since 75k miles. I now have 133K.

I have had my LX450 about a year now and it's ready for an oil change. When I first purchased it I put a 5w-30 syn blend in it. After reading on this forum for all this time I noticed alot of you run Mobil 1. Is movng from 5w-30 to 10w-30 a good thing?....I do have a very slight oil leak.

5w40 Summer, 0w40 Winter. :cheers:

10w-40 High mileage with a toyota small filter.

I use no oil in between oil change intervals.

Sometimes Mobil 1 0W-30 Enhanced Fuel Economy and sometimes Mobil 1 10W-30 High Mileage, depending on temperatures and how much seepage I want to put up with (less with the High Mileage type). Currently running a mix 5 quarts 0W-30 and 3 quarts 10W-30 HM and only used 1 quart in 4000 miles.

I guess I am the only one running 15W-50?? :grinpimp:

I guess I am the only one running 15W-50?? :grinpimp:

I ran this for years, and may again. The last year or two I've run the 10w-40 High Mileage. Currently running the 5w-40 Turbo Diesel Truck in my Fj62. I may switch the 80 to that.

15-50 Here.

Run M1 10w-30 year around here in Washington with no consumption so far. I might give the extended performance a try at my next change which is typically about 1 year (not my daily driver).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom